The Irish have developed a unique understanding of the horse, one passed from generation to generation along with a relationship fused through time to form the bond of mutual dependency that exists today.
Nearly an annual event back in the 1990s, Susan Magnier's Master of Hounds is the first colt in a decade to ship from Europe to run in the Belmont Stakes (gr. I).
Johnny Murtagh capped off a fantastic weekend when he piloted favored Again to a hard-fought neck victory in the Boylesports.com Irish One Thousand Guineas (Ire-I) at the Curragh May 24.
Moyglare Stud Farm's matriarch Grenzen, dam of millionaire Twilight Agenda and granddam of Belmont Stakes (gr. I) winner Go and Go, died in Kentucky at age 29.
Most Popular Stories
- Santa Anita Pick 6 Pays Over $1.47 Million
- Ride On Curlin to Florida's Pleasant Acres
- Swipe at Belmont Preparing for His Return
- PA-Bred Stakes Schedule Begins in Earnest
- Illuminant Upsets Wekeela in Gamely Stakes
- Creator Works, Set for Trip to New York
- Trainer Pish Secures 2,000th Victory
- Cyrus Alexander Wins Lone Star Handicap
- Suddenbreakingnews Now 'Official Ridgling'
- Exaggerator Gallops Lap Around Belmont Track