The Irish have developed a unique understanding of the horse, one passed from generation to generation along with a relationship fused through time to form the bond of mutual dependency that exists today.
Nearly an annual event back in the 1990s, Susan Magnier's Master of Hounds is the first colt in a decade to ship from Europe to run in the Belmont Stakes (gr. I).
Johnny Murtagh capped off a fantastic weekend when he piloted favored Again to a hard-fought neck victory in the Boylesports.com Irish One Thousand Guineas (Ire-I) at the Curragh May 24.
Moyglare Stud Farm's matriarch Grenzen, dam of millionaire Twilight Agenda and granddam of Belmont Stakes (gr. I) winner Go and Go, died in Kentucky at age 29.
Most Popular Stories
- BC Juvenile Winner Texas Red Retired
- Trainer Brown Gearing Up for Gulfstream
- Three Rules Being Considered for Swale Stakes
- A Look Back at A.P. Indy's Hollywood Futurity
- Holy Bull Stakes Goal for Gunnevera
- Ferndale Racetrack OK After Earthquake
- Promising Mastery Heads Los Al Futurity Field
- Woodbine Reports Increased Handle
- Jockeys' Guild Set for Annual Assembly
- Top Global Runners Vie in Hong Kong Races