The Irish have developed a unique understanding of the horse, one passed from generation to generation along with a relationship fused through time to form the bond of mutual dependency that exists today.
Nearly an annual event back in the 1990s, Susan Magnier's Master of Hounds is the first colt in a decade to ship from Europe to run in the Belmont Stakes (gr. I).
Johnny Murtagh capped off a fantastic weekend when he piloted favored Again to a hard-fought neck victory in the Boylesports.com Irish One Thousand Guineas (Ire-I) at the Curragh May 24.
Moyglare Stud Farm's matriarch Grenzen, dam of millionaire Twilight Agenda and granddam of Belmont Stakes (gr. I) winner Go and Go, died in Kentucky at age 29.
Most Popular Stories
- Pinhooking Rookie Scores Big at Keeneland
- NBC Will Air Pegasus World Cup
- California Chrome Arrives at Santa Anita
- Songbird Untouchable in Cotillion
- The RNA Conundrum at Public Auctions
- Connect Bounces Back in Pennsylvania Derby
- BH 100: Shooting Star
- Texas Bling Retired to Stud
- Have Horseplayers Lost Touch With the Horse?
- Texas Chrome Prevails in Oklahoma Derby