Jockey Chantal Sutherland enjoyed a memorable day at Woodbine Aug. 9, with five victories, among them a 21-length romp and a nose decision aboard Sugar Bay in the $171,308 Duchess Stakes.
Odds-on favorite Ginger Brew turned in a scintillating performance at Woodbine June 8, splitting horses at the eighth-pole and then streaking away for a commanding six-length victory in the $502,800 Woodbine Oaks, first leg of the Canadian Triple Tiara.
Fresh off her victory in the April 26 Calder Oaks, Stronach Stables' homebred Ginger Brew looks to tackle the first leg of Canada's Triple Tiara, as she goes to post as the favorite in the 53rd edition of the $500,000 Woodbine Oaks June 8.
Most Popular Stories
- First Foal by Fast Anna Born in New York
- Untapped Takes First Steps Toward Filling Big Shoes
- End of Fair Grounds Quarantine Appears to be on Horizon
- Remains of Glacial Princess to be Moved to Old Friends
- Keeneland Announces Spring Meet Stakes Schedule
- Japan Gets a NY Filly as His First Foal
- The Big Beast Gets a Florida-Bred Colt as First Foal
- Spendthrift Juvenile Stallion Stakes to Add Filly Race
- Texas Chrome Named Texas Horse of the Year
- Finnegans Wake to Stand at Ballena Vista Farm