Rahy, a prominent sire and broodmare sire, died Sept. 22 at Robert N. Clay's Three Chimneys Farm near Midway, Ky.
The Godolphin team notched yet another German group I victory when Campanologist drew off to a 3 1/2-length victory in the Rheinland-Pokal (Ger-I) at Cologne Aug. 15.
Campanologist earned a long overdue group I victory when he came home a decisive winner in the Grosser Preis von Lotto Hamburg (Ger-I) July 17.
MAHUBAH'S CORNER, by Avalyn Hunter
Already a graded stakes winner, Lattice showed he continues to belong among the top turf runners with a win May 25 in the Louisville Handicap (gr. IIIT). His pedigree, however, indicates he could be capable of still more, of eventually joining the country's turf elite.
There is a school of thought that hold that the type of horse to look for as a potential broodmare sire is a good-sized, scopey kind of horse, one whose conformation suggests that he will get mares with plenty of room to carry their foals.
Sent off at odds of 19-1, the California-bred filly Shout to the North rallied for a superb score in the $136,875 Glorious Song Stakes for 2-year-old fillies Sunday at Woodbine.
Glorious Song, who achieved notable success as a racemare and broodmare, was euthanized over the summer in England.
Most Popular Stories
- Breeders' Cup Tickets Go On Sale March 4
- Crimson Giant Chasing Unlikely Big 'Cap Glory
- Steve Haskin's Derby Dozen for March 3, 2015
- Five-Year Suspension, $25,000 Fine for Chapa
- African Story Tries Super Saturday Challenge
- Water Bucket Heater Caused Chanteclaire Fire
- No Grade for 2015 Herecomesthebride Stakes
- Lopez Lets El Kabeir be "The Boss"
- Breeding Entities Pledge Support to TAA
- Slideshow: The Week in Photos for 3/3/2015