Halo is still exerting an influence on four continents through just two sons.
Rahy, a prominent sire and broodmare sire, died Sept. 22 at Robert N. Clay's Three Chimneys Farm near Midway, Ky.
The Godolphin team notched yet another German group I victory when Campanologist drew off to a 3 1/2-length victory in the Rheinland-Pokal (Ger-I) at Cologne Aug. 15.
Campanologist earned a long overdue group I victory when he came home a decisive winner in the Grosser Preis von Lotto Hamburg (Ger-I) July 17.
MAHUBAH'S CORNER, by Avalyn Hunter
Already a graded stakes winner, Lattice showed he continues to belong among the top turf runners with a win May 25 in the Louisville Handicap (gr. IIIT). His pedigree, however, indicates he could be capable of still more, of eventually joining the country's turf elite.
There is a school of thought that hold that the type of horse to look for as a potential broodmare sire is a good-sized, scopey kind of horse, one whose conformation suggests that he will get mares with plenty of room to carry their foals.
Sent off at odds of 19-1, the California-bred filly Shout to the North rallied for a superb score in the $136,875 Glorious Song Stakes for 2-year-old fillies Sunday at Woodbine.
Glorious Song, who achieved notable success as a racemare and broodmare, was euthanized over the summer in England.
Most Popular Stories
- Albarado Fractures Ankle, Off J Boys Echo in Derby
- Santa Anita Cancels April 27 Racing
- Dolphus Outruns Quality Field at Aqueduct
- Pricey Filly Tops OBS Pinhook Prospects
- J Boys Echo Breezes Five Furlongs at Churchill
- Reach the World Euthanized After Training Injury
- Party Boat Upsets Fifty Five in Memories of Silver
- Irad Ortiz Jr. Wins Aqueduct Riding Title
- Southern Ring Speeds to Whimsical Victory
- Imperative Repeats in Charles Town Classic