Tough Tiz's Sis loves Hollywood Park, synthetic tracks and the 1 1/16-mile distance. So Bob Baffert's 4-year-old filly had much in her favor when she won the $108,500 Hawthorne Handicap (gr. III).
Grade I winner Tough Tiz's Sis faces six older fillies and mares in the $100,000 Hawthorne Handicap (gr. III) on the Hollywood Park Cushion Track May 4.
Favored Tiz Elemental made a successful graded stakes debut in the $150,000 Las Flores Handicap (gr. III) at Santa Anita April 6. One race later, her full sister, Tiz a Blend, also won a stakes for the same connections -- owner/breeder Warren Williamson and red-hot trainer Carla Gaines. Gaines has won with 11 of her last 15 starters.
On a three-race winning streak for trainer Carla Gaines, Tiz Elemental seeks her first graded stakes victory in the $150,000 Las Flores Handicap (gr. III) at Santa Anita April 6.
Tiz Elemental, a promising filly whose 3-year-old campaign ended abruptly last spring, returned in style with a late-running victory in the $109,300 Honest Lady Stakes on the Santa Anita main track Feb. 24.
Coco Belle, a two-length winner of the Miss Woodford Stakes at Monmouth Park on the Breeders' Cup undercard, makes her 2008 debut for trainer John Sadler in the $100,000 Honest Lady Stakes at Santa Anita Feb. 24.
A $32,000 claim at Del Mar this summer, Dearest Trickski became a grade I winner when she ran away from the field in the $250,000 La Brea Stakes for 3-year-old fillies at Santa Anita Park Dec. 29.
Most Popular Stories
- Accelerate Springs Stunning Upset as Arrogate Falters
- Baffert Still Aiming Arrogate for Pacific Classic
- Big World to be Offered at Fasig-Tipton November Sale
- Gutsy Move Gets Abel Tasman CCA Oaks Win
- Plumptre Leaving Godolphin Australia Position
- Lady Eli Runs 'One of Her Greatest Races to Date'
- Spendthrift Australia Schedules Stallion Parades
- Gun Runner Posts Bullet in Breeze for Whitney
- Madam Dancealot Closes From Last to Win San Clemente
- Girvin Has Final Work Ahead of Haskell