Officials with Global Gaming Solutions announced Sept. 13 that Scott Wells, Remington Park president and general manager, has also been named as president and general manager of Lone Star Park at Grand Prairie, Texas.
Lone Star Park will reduce its stakes schedule to 12 races during its upcoming spring Thoroughbred meet, down from 19 in 2011, the Grand Prairie, Texas track announced Jan. 26.
Lone Star Park ended its 2011 meet July 10 with gains in daily average attendance and purses but an overall decline in pari-mutuel handle.
Global Gaming Solutions, which received a license to operate Lone Star Park two months ago, has announced it will begin a multi-million dollar renovation at the Texas facility.
Remington Park in Oklahoma has a new owner and a new look for its 2010 Thoroughbred meet, which begins Aug. 19. More than $12 million will be spent on renovations, officials said.
Most Popular Stories
- Laurel Park Cancels Sunday, March 1 Racing
- Gulfstream Park Cancels Card in Deluge
- Royal Son Easily Captures Battaglia Memorial
- Stellar Wind Sails to Santa Ysabel Victory
- Rodriguez Suspended, Fined for Positives
- Avila Defiant in Face of Suspension
- Palace Malice in First Work Back for Pletcher
- Almoonqith Wins at Meydan, Cavalryman Injured
- Illinois Racing Board Appointments Announced
- Devine Aida Aces Sloppy Herecomesthebride