Global Gaming LSP said May 16 it has finalization acquisition of Lone Star Park from MI Developments, ending a long delay in the company's purchase of the Texas racetrack.
The Board of Directors of the Texas Thoroughbred Association has passed a resolution in support of an ownership transfer of Lone Star Park from Magna Entertainment Corp. to Global Gaming, it was announced in a press release.
Global Gaming, a subsidiary of the Chickasaw Nation, was granted a racing and gaming license Dec. 22 by the Oklahoma Horse Racing Commission, the Associated Press reported.
Lone Star Park announced Sept. 15 that it has entered into an agreement with Global Gaming LSP, LLC of Ada, Okla., which is owned by the Chickasaw Nation, designating them as the stalking horse bidder in the sale of Lone Star Park at Grand Prairie.
Global Gaming Solutions RP, LLC executed an agreement Aug. 11 with a subsidiary of Magna Entertainment Corp. for the sale of Remington Park to Global Gaming Solutions RP, LLC.
Most Popular Stories
- Nyquist Draws Post 13, is 3-1 Derby Favorite
- Field of 22 Set for 142nd Kentucky Derby
- Team Optimistic, Nyquist 'Full of Energy'
- Unlocking Winners Kentucky Derby 142 Analysis
- Repole Returns With Outwork for Uncle Mo
- Nancy From Nairobi Wins Royal Heroine
- Beholder to Make 2016 Debut in Adoration
- Big Blue Kitten Heads Woodford Turf Classic
- Rachel's Valentina 7-2 Oaks Favorite
- Trainer Abrams Takes Leave of Absence