Global Gaming LSP said May 16 it has finalization acquisition of Lone Star Park from MI Developments, ending a long delay in the company's purchase of the Texas racetrack.
The Board of Directors of the Texas Thoroughbred Association has passed a resolution in support of an ownership transfer of Lone Star Park from Magna Entertainment Corp. to Global Gaming, it was announced in a press release.
Global Gaming, a subsidiary of the Chickasaw Nation, was granted a racing and gaming license Dec. 22 by the Oklahoma Horse Racing Commission, the Associated Press reported.
Lone Star Park announced Sept. 15 that it has entered into an agreement with Global Gaming LSP, LLC of Ada, Okla., which is owned by the Chickasaw Nation, designating them as the stalking horse bidder in the sale of Lone Star Park at Grand Prairie.
Global Gaming Solutions RP, LLC executed an agreement Aug. 11 with a subsidiary of Magna Entertainment Corp. for the sale of Remington Park to Global Gaming Solutions RP, LLC.
Most Popular Stories
- Leave the Light On Off Derby Trail
- The Legacy of Gone West
- First Reported Foal for Jimmy Creed
- Honor Code, Top Billing Near 4YO Debuts
- Fair Grounds to Host 'Rosie Day' Feb. 21
- Early Claiming Activity Robust at Oaklawn
- OBS March 2YO Sale Set for March 17-18
- Australia Expects 3.3% Drop in 2015 Foal Crop
- Monmouth Announces 2015 Stakes Schedule
- Average Up, Median Steady as Karaka Sale Ends