A bankruptcy judge is considering a motion to sell off the assets of Racing Services Inc. and put the money toward claims from creditors, including $6.5 million in uncollected state taxes.
A North Dakota judge has been asked by state Attorney General Wayne Stenehjem to dismiss the Racing Services Inc. bankruptcy case filed by owner Susan Bala because the wagering-company was under the control of a state-appointed receiver at the time of the filing.
A preliminary hearing has been set in North Dakota state court for two executives of a Fargo horse-betting company who are accused of running an illegal off-track betting site.
Most Popular Stories
- Louis Quatorze Dies of Heart Attack
- Broken Pelvis Cause of Charismatic's Death
- Horse of the Year Charismatic Dies
- Uncontested to Skip Rebel Stakes
- El Areeb Confirmed to Start in Gotham Stakes
- Mo Town, Guest Suite Set for Risen Star Showdown
- Arrogate 'His Usual Self' in Five-Furlong Move
- International Star Could Add to Fair Grounds Success
- Mind Your Biscuits Set for Gulfstream Park Sprint
- Grade 1 Haskell Headlines Monmouth Stakes Schedule