A bankruptcy judge is considering a motion to sell off the assets of Racing Services Inc. and put the money toward claims from creditors, including $6.5 million in uncollected state taxes.
A North Dakota judge has been asked by state Attorney General Wayne Stenehjem to dismiss the Racing Services Inc. bankruptcy case filed by owner Susan Bala because the wagering-company was under the control of a state-appointed receiver at the time of the filing.
A preliminary hearing has been set in North Dakota state court for two executives of a Fargo horse-betting company who are accused of running an illegal off-track betting site.
Most Popular Stories
- American Pharoah Arrives at Belmont
- Coolmore: Zenyatta's Dam Vertigineux Has Died
- Pan American Conference Draws a Crowd
- Sun and Warmer Temps Forecast for Belmont Day
- American Pharoah Has Final Breeze for Belmont
- De Kock Says American Pharoah a 'Super Horse'
- Lenny's Place: Belmont Stakes Episode
- Stewart 'Feeling Good' About Tale of Verve
- NYRA Chairman Bonomo Takes Leave of Absence
- Sherman Reflects on Belmont Past and Present