A bankruptcy judge is considering a motion to sell off the assets of Racing Services Inc. and put the money toward claims from creditors, including $6.5 million in uncollected state taxes.
A North Dakota judge has been asked by state Attorney General Wayne Stenehjem to dismiss the Racing Services Inc. bankruptcy case filed by owner Susan Bala because the wagering-company was under the control of a state-appointed receiver at the time of the filing.
A preliminary hearing has been set in North Dakota state court for two executives of a Fargo horse-betting company who are accused of running an illegal off-track betting site.
Most Popular Stories
- California Chrome is Vox Populi Award Winner
- Researchers Study Near-, Farsightedness in Horses
- Two IL Tracks File for Bankruptcy Protection
- Undefeated Dortmund Wasn't Always So Popular
- British Racing Undertakes Education Program
- Lukas Pointing 'Brandi' to Kentucky Oaks
- WV Racing Struggles With Plan for Stability
- Baffert Quartet Faces Shared Belief in Malibu
- Secret Circle Aims for Season-Ending Win
- Millionaire Kiri's Clown Euthanized at Age 25