The pros and cons of exchange wagering were among the highlights of the Jan. 24 session of the Horsemen's Benevolent and Protective Association winter convention in Pasadena, Calif.
Global Betting Exchange has been chosen as the winning bidder, pending finalization, to provide technological upgrades to the New York Racing Association's advance deposit wagering platform, NYRA Rewards.
The New York Racing Association board of directors met June 10, partly in closed session, but said afterward no decision had been made on selecting a chief executive officer to lead the organization.
The New York Racing Association board of directors, at a meeting late in the afternoon of April 29, appointed an interim management team to run the corporation's racetracks until a new chief executive officer is hired.
Exchange wagering may move one step closer to reality after a California Horse Racing Board committee considers rules and enforcement issues surrounding the new betting system.
Most Popular Stories
- Girvin Upsets Risen Star Stakes
- Dortmund Could Return in Triple Bend
- Irish War Cry Ticks All the Boxes in Five-Furlong Work
- Farrell Vaults to Top of Kentucky Oaks Leaderboard
- Winx Soars to Fifteenth Straight Win
- Broken Pelvis Cause of Charismatic's Death
- Yorkiepoo Princess Scores Again at Aqueduct
- Unified Edges Mind Your Biscuits in GP Sprint
- Horse of the Year Charismatic Dies
- Veteran Kentucky-Based Hot Walker Roche Dies at 91