The pros and cons of exchange wagering were among the highlights of the Jan. 24 session of the Horsemen's Benevolent and Protective Association winter convention in Pasadena, Calif.
Global Betting Exchange has been chosen as the winning bidder, pending finalization, to provide technological upgrades to the New York Racing Association's advance deposit wagering platform, NYRA Rewards.
The New York Racing Association board of directors met June 10, partly in closed session, but said afterward no decision had been made on selecting a chief executive officer to lead the organization.
The New York Racing Association board of directors, at a meeting late in the afternoon of April 29, appointed an interim management team to run the corporation's racetracks until a new chief executive officer is hired.
Exchange wagering may move one step closer to reality after a California Horse Racing Board committee considers rules and enforcement issues surrounding the new betting system.
Most Popular Stories
- Lord Nelson Nabs Texas Red in San Vicente
- California Chrome Picks Up Cal-Bred Awards
- California Chrome Works, Set for San Antonio
- Pletcher's Donn Quartet Breezed at Palm Beach
- Take Charge Brandi On Oaks Path, Lukas Says
- Hoppertunity Confirmed for San Antonio Start
- California Chrome Works February 1, 2015
- Callback Rings Up Victory in Las Virgenes
- 'Brandi' Makes Martha Washington Interesting
- The Great War Has More in Store After Romp