The Tapit mare finally found her graded victory, and did so in course record time Sept. 5 at Saratoga Race Course, taking the 1 3/8-mile turf test in 2:11.46.
Film Maker, a narrow loser in last year's Glens Falls Handicap (gr. IIIT) for fillies and mares at 1 3/8 miles on the grass, returns for a second try in the $100,000-added event Monday as Saratoga closes its 135th meet.
Sixty Seconds, who made her North American debut just last month, captured Monday's Glens Falls Handicap (gr. IIIT) by a head over Primetimevalentine at Saratoga. Alternate was just a neck back in third.
Turf distaffers will get the opportunity to fight for $500,000 on Friday in Keeneland's WinStar Galaxy Stakes (gr. IIT).
With all but four of the 10 entrants scratching when Saratoga's $106,700 Glens Falls Handicap got taken off the turf and put on the muddy main track, favorite Irving's Baby proved much the best, scoring her second consecutive stakes win Friday. Irving's Baby covered the 11 furlongs in 2:07.56 after leading gate to wire.
With all scheduled turf races after the fourth race switched to the main track due to rain, I'm Indy Mood rallied from off the pace to win the $110,200 Glens Falls Handicap by a neck over 1999 Glens Falls (gr. IIIT) winner Idle Rich Friday at Saratoga. The race, originally scheduled as a 1 3/8-mile event on the inner turf course, was run at 1 1/4 miles on a sloppy main track.
Most Popular Stories
- Dortmund Drills for Sherman at Los Al
- Jockey Olguin Secures Milestone Win
- Bayern's First Foal, a Filly, Arrives in Ontario
- Stronach Still Seeking New Heights for Racing
- Stonestreet to Sponsor Lexington Stakes, Purse Boosted
- R. A. Hill Stable Buys Into Breaking Lucky
- Uncontested Romp in Smarty Jones
- The Curse of Haskin
- Metaboss to Harris Farms in California
- First Foal by Palace Malice Born