Alex Birzer became the second jockey to win 1,000 races at Prairie Meadows Racetrack & Casino June 24 when he won the fourth race with Lazeka.
Beer Meister, at 40-1, rallied from last to win the $50,000 Turf Paradise Derby, upsetting the 7-10 favorite Indian Winter at the Phoenix, Ariz., track Feb. 26.
Christmas came a little early for jockey Glenn Corbett, who reached the 3,000-win milestone Dec. 22 aboard favored Souvenir Winner in the fourth race at Turf Paradise.
The 3-year-old In Excess colt looks for his second consecutive stakes score Feb. 9 at Turf Paradise in Arizona.
Triple AAA Ranch's Arizona homebred Ez Dreamer left a tired field behind nearing the furlong pole and drew away to a 9 3/4-length laugher in the $50,000 Rattlesnake Stakes for 3-year-olds at Turf Paradise in Phoenix Jan. 20.
Prairie Meadows Thoroughbred trainer Dick Clark claimed his 1,000th win on Aug. 17, highlighting a career that began 35 years ago in Nebraska.
Unbridled Elaine showed she still belongs among the best 3-year-old fillies in the country on Thursday when she easily won the $150,000 Iowa Oaks at Prairie Meadows by nearly nine lengths. On the same day, 13-1 longshot Elodare took the $75,000 Cyclone Stakes for Iowa-breds.
Most Popular Stories
- Breeder, Businessman Garvin Dies at Age 71
- Condo Commando 'Splash-tastic' in Spinaway
- Midnight Storm Shakes Up Del Mar Derby
- Filly First Winner for Sire Elusive Warning
- Longshots on Saratoga's Closing Day
- Wise Dan Victorious in Bernard Baruch Return
- Itsmyluckyday Unlikely to Return in Gold Cup
- Wise Dan Passes Return Test in Flying Colors
- Jo Jo Warrior Helps Zayat Celebrate Birthday
- Stonestreet Has Star in Making in Atreides