A session-topping Real Saga colt for $240,000 ($252,929 US) was one of a dozen horses to sell for six figures at the fifth session of the Magic Millions Gold Coast yearling sale in Australia Jan. 13.
The record-breaking 2008 Magic Millions national weanling sale came to a close Friday on Australia's Gold Coast with a general session that generated a gross of Aust$496,600 for the 132 yearlings sold.
American distance specialist Tacit Agreement, a winner of three straight stakes races at Calder in his last three starts by more than 31 combined lengths, has been purchased privately and will ship to Australia to prepare for the 2007 US$4.2 million Melbourne Cup (Aus-I) on Nov. 6.
Most Popular Stories
- Leroidesanimaux Dies at 16
- California Chrome 'Stronger' in Los Al Drill
- Kentucky Suspends Umarov for 10 Years
- Destin Work is 'Stamina Builder' for Belmont
- Rockingham to End All Operations Aug. 31
- Velasquez to Ride Full-Time at Gulfstream
- Nyquist Out of Belmont Stakes with Fever
- Nyquist Spikes Fever; Did Not Ship to Belmont
- Candy Ride Colt Tops Barretts Sale
- Little Nappy is Shackleford's First Winner