A session-topping Real Saga colt for $240,000 ($252,929 US) was one of a dozen horses to sell for six figures at the fifth session of the Magic Millions Gold Coast yearling sale in Australia Jan. 13.
The record-breaking 2008 Magic Millions national weanling sale came to a close Friday on Australia's Gold Coast with a general session that generated a gross of Aust$496,600 for the 132 yearlings sold.
American distance specialist Tacit Agreement, a winner of three straight stakes races at Calder in his last three starts by more than 31 combined lengths, has been purchased privately and will ship to Australia to prepare for the 2007 US$4.2 million Melbourne Cup (Aus-I) on Nov. 6.
Most Popular Stories
- Streaming Surges Clear for Starlet Surprise
- Multiple Grade I Winner Flat Out Retired
- Broken Sword Never Looks Back in Bayakoa Win
- Apprentice Jockey Vanessa Fry Wins Her First
- Exit Stage Left Stays Unbeaten in Gold Rush
- Hong Kong Cup Day: Ed Dunlop - Red Cadeaux
- Nevada Kid Rolls in Claiming Crown Jewel
- Hong Kong Runners May Have Trouble This Year
- Hedge Skimmer Valiant Girl Shocks My Charmer
- Speaking of Which Makes Grade at Calder