A session-topping Real Saga colt for $240,000 ($252,929 US) was one of a dozen horses to sell for six figures at the fifth session of the Magic Millions Gold Coast yearling sale in Australia Jan. 13.
The record-breaking 2008 Magic Millions national weanling sale came to a close Friday on Australia's Gold Coast with a general session that generated a gross of Aust$496,600 for the 132 yearlings sold.
American distance specialist Tacit Agreement, a winner of three straight stakes races at Calder in his last three starts by more than 31 combined lengths, has been purchased privately and will ship to Australia to prepare for the 2007 US$4.2 million Melbourne Cup (Aus-I) on Nov. 6.
Most Popular Stories
- Dutchess Views Lowers Fee for Big Brown
- NY Again Considers Continuing Ed for Trainers
- Pure Sensation Questionable for HK Sprint
- Arrogate Works Toward Seasonal Bow
- Able Friend Out to Regain Hong Kong Glory
- BC Juvenile Winner Texas Red Retired
- American Gal, Union Strike Meet in Starlet
- Retired Valet Ward Dies in Kentucky
- Resilient Humor Debut Winner for Sassy Image
- Promising Mastery Heads Los Al Futurity Field