A session-topping Real Saga colt for $240,000 ($252,929 US) was one of a dozen horses to sell for six figures at the fifth session of the Magic Millions Gold Coast yearling sale in Australia Jan. 13.
The record-breaking 2008 Magic Millions national weanling sale came to a close Friday on Australia's Gold Coast with a general session that generated a gross of Aust$496,600 for the 132 yearlings sold.
American distance specialist Tacit Agreement, a winner of three straight stakes races at Calder in his last three starts by more than 31 combined lengths, has been purchased privately and will ship to Australia to prepare for the 2007 US$4.2 million Melbourne Cup (Aus-I) on Nov. 6.
Most Popular Stories
- Tonalist, Wicked Strong Headline Jim Dandy
- Dance With Fate Off the Bench for San Diego
- Queen's Horse Tests Positive for Morphine
- Record Breakers Headed for Del Mar Debutante
- Art Sherman to Receive Laffit Pincay Award
- Daring Dancer Prevails in Lake George Stakes
- Can Coup de Grace Land Blow in Amsterdam?
- Shanon Nicole Takes Off-Turf Indiana Grand
- Eight Stakes Set for Churchill in September
- Haskin: The Saint of Saratoga