A session-topping Real Saga colt for $240,000 ($252,929 US) was one of a dozen horses to sell for six figures at the fifth session of the Magic Millions Gold Coast yearling sale in Australia Jan. 13.
The record-breaking 2008 Magic Millions national weanling sale came to a close Friday on Australia's Gold Coast with a general session that generated a gross of Aust$496,600 for the 132 yearlings sold.
American distance specialist Tacit Agreement, a winner of three straight stakes races at Calder in his last three starts by more than 31 combined lengths, has been purchased privately and will ship to Australia to prepare for the 2007 US$4.2 million Melbourne Cup (Aus-I) on Nov. 6.
Most Popular Stories
- Tepin Refuses to Work March 27 at Palm Meadows
- Arrogate Last to First in Dubai World Cup
- Skychai Racing Purchases Interest in Fast and Accurate
- Two Juveniles Post Fastest Times at Barretts
- Hence Springs Upset in Sunland Derby
- Dortmund Back to Dirt in Next Start
- McCraken Stretches Out in Keeneland Work
- Animo de Valeroso to Stand at Duncan Farms
- Girvin Heads Louisiana Derby Field
- Fast and Accurate Scores Spiral Upset