William 'Scott Billy' Buford, left a significant legacy through the sisters Idlewild and Aerolite.
In America, Glencoe was the leading sire eight times between 1847 and 1858. His best runners included the champions Peytona, Charmer, and Reel, all great fillies, winning at upward of four-mile heats.
Floyd Oliver explores the breeding behind Domino, the "Black Whirlwind."
Most Popular Stories
- Irish War Cry Morning-Line Pick in Wide-Open Haskell
- Stellar Wind, Vale Dori Face Off Again in Hirsch
- Into the Gray Brings Graydar First Winner
- Fayeq Impresses in Saratoga Allowance Victory
- Successful Sire City Zip Dead at 19
- No Sure Favorite in Woodbine's Royal North Stakes
- Ascend, Bigger Picture to Clash in Bowling Green
- Jockey Flores Plans to Retire From Riding
- Always Dreaming, Cloud Computing Head Jim Dandy
- Look Back: Bernardini's Dandy Score at Saratoga