William 'Scott Billy' Buford, left a significant legacy through the sisters Idlewild and Aerolite.
In America, Glencoe was the leading sire eight times between 1847 and 1858. His best runners included the champions Peytona, Charmer, and Reel, all great fillies, winning at upward of four-mile heats.
Floyd Oliver explores the breeding behind Domino, the "Black Whirlwind."
Most Popular Stories
- Songbird All Heart at Saratoga
- Stonestreet: Rachel's Valentina Retired
- 'Chrome' Back to Los Al After San Diego Win
- 'Chrome' Edges Dortmund in Del Mar Battle
- Hard Aces Too Tough in Cougar II
- Nyquist Logs Final Work for Haskell
- Beholder Brilliant in Del Mar Breeze
- Up With the Birds Back Winning at Woodbine
- Lanerie Scores Unusual Double at Ellis Park
- Destin Remains On Track for Jim Dandy