William 'Scott Billy' Buford, left a significant legacy through the sisters Idlewild and Aerolite.
In America, Glencoe was the leading sire eight times between 1847 and 1858. His best runners included the champions Peytona, Charmer, and Reel, all great fillies, winning at upward of four-mile heats.
Floyd Oliver explores the breeding behind Domino, the "Black Whirlwind."
Most Popular Stories
- Nyquist Out of Belmont Stakes with Fever
- Derby Runner-Up Commanding Curve Retired
- Nyquist Spikes Fever; Did Not Ship to Belmont
- Uncle Mo Filly Brings $1 Million at F-T Sale
- Fast Uncle Mo Filly Tops F-T Midlantic Sale
- Friesan Fire Colt Tops Midlantic at $825,000
- What is Uncle Mo Worth?
- Possible NYRA Plan Concerns Saratoga Group
- Finger Lakes Horsemen Call for Support
- So Far, Seven Pointing for Belmont Park