With the wind blowing and rain falling, B. Wayne Hughes' Greeley's Galaxy rolled through a three-furlong workout in :34.87 on a sloppy track at Pimlico Race Course Friday morning in preparation for Saturday's Preakness Stakes (gr. I).
B. Wayne Hughes' Greeley's Galaxy worked a mile at Churchill Downs Thursday, displaying his readiness for the Kentucky Derby (gr. I), according to 83-year-old veteran California trainer Warren Stute.
After the inexperienced Greeley's Galaxy made a laugher out of Saturday's $500,000 Illinois Derby (gr. II), it didn' take owner B. Wayne Hughes long to make a decision on whether he would spend $200,000 to supplement his chestnut colt to the Kentucky Derby (gr. I).
Warren Stute continued to rest at his Arcadia home Saturday morning, but the veteran Southern California's trainer of more than 60 years is already thinking about his return to Del Mar, according to his younger brother, Mel Stute.
Most Popular Stories
- Sam's Sister Stuns Taris in Quick La Brea
- New York Stallion Series On Tap at Aqueduct
- Prado 'Day to Day' After Gulfstream Spill
- California Chrome is Vox Populi Award Winner
- Nine-Month Suspension Recommended for Veitch
- Bettys Bambino Draws Well in Downhill Daytona
- Salutos Amigos Adds Gravesend Stakes Victory
- Leave the Light On for Storm Cat
- Spotted Heart Upsets MD Filly Championship
- Six Grade I Races Set for Belmont Stakes Day