With the wind blowing and rain falling, B. Wayne Hughes' Greeley's Galaxy rolled through a three-furlong workout in :34.87 on a sloppy track at Pimlico Race Course Friday morning in preparation for Saturday's Preakness Stakes (gr. I).
B. Wayne Hughes' Greeley's Galaxy worked a mile at Churchill Downs Thursday, displaying his readiness for the Kentucky Derby (gr. I), according to 83-year-old veteran California trainer Warren Stute.
After the inexperienced Greeley's Galaxy made a laugher out of Saturday's $500,000 Illinois Derby (gr. II), it didn' take owner B. Wayne Hughes long to make a decision on whether he would spend $200,000 to supplement his chestnut colt to the Kentucky Derby (gr. I).
Warren Stute continued to rest at his Arcadia home Saturday morning, but the veteran Southern California's trainer of more than 60 years is already thinking about his return to Del Mar, according to his younger brother, Mel Stute.
Most Popular Stories
- Diva Express, I'm a Looker Dead Heat at CD
- Tepin Works; Trip to Royal Ascot Uncertain
- Leroidesanimaux Dies at 16
- California Chrome 'Stronger' in Los Al Drill
- Enola Gray Passes Two-Turn Test in Melair
- First U.S. Winner for Algorithms
- Exaggerator Carries Delta Jackpot Flag
- Kentucky Suspends Umarov for 10 Years
- Flipcup Resolute in Arlington Matron Win
- Mike Venezia Memorial Award to Go to Pino