With the wind blowing and rain falling, B. Wayne Hughes' Greeley's Galaxy rolled through a three-furlong workout in :34.87 on a sloppy track at Pimlico Race Course Friday morning in preparation for Saturday's Preakness Stakes (gr. I).
B. Wayne Hughes' Greeley's Galaxy worked a mile at Churchill Downs Thursday, displaying his readiness for the Kentucky Derby (gr. I), according to 83-year-old veteran California trainer Warren Stute.
After the inexperienced Greeley's Galaxy made a laugher out of Saturday's $500,000 Illinois Derby (gr. II), it didn' take owner B. Wayne Hughes long to make a decision on whether he would spend $200,000 to supplement his chestnut colt to the Kentucky Derby (gr. I).
Warren Stute continued to rest at his Arcadia home Saturday morning, but the veteran Southern California's trainer of more than 60 years is already thinking about his return to Del Mar, according to his younger brother, Mel Stute.
Most Popular Stories
- Big Brown Colt Tops Magic Millions 2YO Sale
- Hong Kong Sprinter to Have U.S. Prep for BC
- Grade III winner Fiftyshadesofgold Retired
- Stopchargingmaria Will Be Offered at F-T Sale
- Banke, Haggin Join Keeneland Advisory Board
- Research Produces Cobalt Test Recommendation
- Lemon Drop Dream Takes on Seven in Phoenix
- Galileo Colt Leads Strong Goffs Orby Session
- 2015 Dates Conflict at Two Kentucky Tracks
- Renovations Noted at 'Gulfstream Park West'