His milestone was prematurely celebrated Dec. 14 at Zia Park, which had included an Arabian win in his totals.
Jockey Glen "Billy" Murphy booted home the 3,000th winner of his career Dec. 14, riding Girls Got Skills to victory in the eighth race at Zia Park.
Cease closed ground in the final stages of the $150,000 Maxxam Gold Cup and took command to earn his first black-type victory on the night of March 3 at Sam Houston Race Park.
With only a few exeptions, the leadership of the Jockeys' Guild was re-elected during the organization's annual Assembly, held in conjunction with the University of Arizona's 2010 Symposium on Racing and Gaming.
Jockey Glenn Murphy has been suspended 180 days and fined $2,500 for possession of an electrical device at Lone Star Park, according to the Star-Telegram.
Takedown, a son of Point Given, made his stakes debut a winning one Saturday at Sunland Park, capturing the $100,000 Borderland Derby for 3-year-olds by 1 1/4 lengths over Jack Hes Tops.
Glen Murphy, the 1991 Sunland Park jockey champion, reached a milestone when he brought home his 2,000th career winner March 29.
Jockey Glen Murphy broke his right leg in a spill during Hawthorne's ninth race on Wednesday.
Most Popular Stories
- Melatonin Game in Gold Cup Victory
- Mo Tom Clear Winner in Ohio Derby
- Marialite Upsets Favorites at Hanshin
- Sheer Drama On Fence for 'Summit of Speed'
- Minding Coasts Clear in Pretty Polly
- Europeans Set for Belmont Derby, Oaks
- California Chrome Logs Weekly Drill at Los Al
- Lord Nelson Lunges to Triple Bend Score
- Un Autre First Winner for I'll Have Another
- Melatonin Could Get Time Off After Gold Cup