His milestone was prematurely celebrated Dec. 14 at Zia Park, which had included an Arabian win in his totals.
Jockey Glen "Billy" Murphy booted home the 3,000th winner of his career Dec. 14, riding Girls Got Skills to victory in the eighth race at Zia Park.
Cease closed ground in the final stages of the $150,000 Maxxam Gold Cup and took command to earn his first black-type victory on the night of March 3 at Sam Houston Race Park.
With only a few exeptions, the leadership of the Jockeys' Guild was re-elected during the organization's annual Assembly, held in conjunction with the University of Arizona's 2010 Symposium on Racing and Gaming.
Jockey Glenn Murphy has been suspended 180 days and fined $2,500 for possession of an electrical device at Lone Star Park, according to the Star-Telegram.
Takedown, a son of Point Given, made his stakes debut a winning one Saturday at Sunland Park, capturing the $100,000 Borderland Derby for 3-year-olds by 1 1/4 lengths over Jack Hes Tops.
Glen Murphy, the 1991 Sunland Park jockey champion, reached a milestone when he brought home his 2,000th career winner March 29.
Jockey Glen Murphy broke his right leg in a spill during Hawthorne's ninth race on Wednesday.
Most Popular Stories
- Love the Chase to Sell at F-T November
- Jim Rome Remembers Shared Belief
- Woodward Up Next for Frosted
- Lady Eli's Miracle Comeback Looms
- First Winners for Crossbow, Gattopardo
- Dialed In Colt Reckling Graduates at Saratoga
- Del Mar to Cut Race Dates, Open Later in 2017
- Unbeaten Enola Gray Steps Up in Torrey Pines
- Full Travers Field Awaits Exaggerator
- Majesto Spikes Fever, to Scratch From Travers