Cease closed ground in the final stages of the $150,000 Maxxam Gold Cup and took command to earn his first black-type victory on the night of March 3 at Sam Houston Race Park.
With only a few exeptions, the leadership of the Jockeys' Guild was re-elected during the organization's annual Assembly, held in conjunction with the University of Arizona's 2010 Symposium on Racing and Gaming.
Jockey Glenn Murphy has been suspended 180 days and fined $2,500 for possession of an electrical device at Lone Star Park, according to the Star-Telegram.
Takedown, a son of Point Given, made his stakes debut a winning one Saturday at Sunland Park, capturing the $100,000 Borderland Derby for 3-year-olds by 1 1/4 lengths over Jack Hes Tops.
Glen Murphy, the 1991 Sunland Park jockey champion, reached a milestone when he brought home his 2,000th career winner March 29.
Jockey Glen Murphy broke his right leg in a spill during Hawthorne's ninth race on Wednesday.
Most Popular Stories
- Preakness Could Be Rematch for Derby Top 3
- Top Three Derby Finishers Stretch Legs Monday
- Favored American Pharoah Wins Kentucky Derby
- GI Winners Untapable, Lea Work in Kentucky
- Arrests in Connection With Derby Night Death
- Anti-Slaughter Bill Introduced in Congress
- 'Sea Hero' Symposium Set for May 30
- Divining Rod On Target for Preakness Stakes
- Chinese Buyer Lands Top Two Mares at Inglis
- Keeneland Asks to Move Simulcasts to Red Mile