Veteran jockeys Kerwin Clark, Stewart Elliott, Julien Leparoux, Glen Murphy, and Scott Stevens are the five finalists for the 2017 Santa Anita George Woolf Memorial Jockey Award, Santa Anita Park announced Dec. 7.
His milestone was prematurely celebrated Dec. 14 at Zia Park, which had included an Arabian win in his totals.
Jockey Glen "Billy" Murphy booted home the 3,000th winner of his career Dec. 14, riding Girls Got Skills to victory in the eighth race at Zia Park.
Cease closed ground in the final stages of the $150,000 Maxxam Gold Cup and took command to earn his first black-type victory on the night of March 3 at Sam Houston Race Park.
With only a few exeptions, the leadership of the Jockeys' Guild was re-elected during the organization's annual Assembly, held in conjunction with the University of Arizona's 2010 Symposium on Racing and Gaming.
Jockey Glenn Murphy has been suspended 180 days and fined $2,500 for possession of an electrical device at Lone Star Park, according to the Star-Telegram.
Takedown, a son of Point Given, made his stakes debut a winning one Saturday at Sunland Park, capturing the $100,000 Borderland Derby for 3-year-olds by 1 1/4 lengths over Jack Hes Tops.
Glen Murphy, the 1991 Sunland Park jockey champion, reached a milestone when he brought home his 2,000th career winner March 29.
Jockey Glen Murphy broke his right leg in a spill during Hawthorne's ninth race on Wednesday.
Most Popular Stories
- Irish War Cry Returns to Worktab; Belmont Run Possible
- Always Dreaming Officially Ruled Out of Belmont Stakes
- Weekend Stakes Rundown: Gold Cup Day
- Zayat Pinhooking Venture Returns Large Profit
- Graded Stakes Winner Destin Set for 2017 Debut
- Champion Songbird Confirmed for Ogden Phipps
- Classic Empire to Begin Belmont Training
- Familiar Faces Highlight New York Showcase
- Litfin: Gold Cup Figures to Set up Well for Accelerate
- Epicharis Begins Journey to Belmont Park