The future of Illinois racing hangs in the balance as the Illinois Racing Board ponders a 2015 racing schedule for the Chicago area.
The Illinois Racing Board July 31 approved a request from Hawthorne Race Course to drop 13 racing dates from its fall schedule and slash its stakes program.
The Illinois Racing Board approved this year's Chicago-area Thoroughbred stakes schedule Jan. 31 despite strong opposition by horsemen to the continuation of one race.
Illinois horsemen and representatives of the state's racetracks and Advance Deposit Wagering providers have reached agreement on an extension of ADW for three years.
The Illinois Racing Board, over the strong objections of horsemen groups, approved an application from Maywood Park July 25 to act as its own Advance Deposit Wagering licensee.
The Illinois Thoroughbred Horsemen's Association believes recent overtures by Arlington Park to the Illinois Thoroughbred Breeders and Owners Foundation may be an end-around on proposed Internet gaming legislation.
Arlington Park and the Illinois Thoroughbred Horsemen's Association said they reached an agreement on a contract for the 2012 racing season May 3.
The Thoroughbred Owners and Breeders Association will conduct a New Thoroughbred Owner Seminar on Friday, June 11, at Arlington Park in Arlington Heights, Ill.
Most Popular Stories
- California Chrome Works, Set for San Antonio
- California Chrome Picks Up Cal-Bred Awards
- Pletcher's Donn Quartet Breezed at Palm Beach
- Hoppertunity Confirmed for San Antonio Start
- Lord Nelson Nabs Texas Red in San Vicente
- Take Charge Brandi On Oaks Path, Lukas Says
- Callback Rings Up Victory in Las Virgenes
- 'Brandi' Makes Martha Washington Interesting
- The Great War Has More in Store After Romp
- Undefeated Ocean Knight Wins Sam F. Davis