Gary and Mary West's Poker Player unleashed a huge move in mid-stretch to collar the leaders for an impressive victory in the off-the-turf Bourbon Stakes at a water-sogged Keeneland Race Course Oct. 6.
A weanling colt by Tapit was purchased by agent Ben Glass for $250,000 to top the Nov. 10 session of the Keeneland November breeding stock sale. Overall, the session saw a continuation of the trend throughout the sale in which numbers declined in all major statistical categories.
The first reported foal by millionaire Pollard's Vision is a filly bred by Ben Glass and foaled Jan. 12 at Frank and Mattie Justice's Dell Ridge Farm near Lexington.
Grade II winner High Limit, who was scheduled to enter stud in 2007, has taken up training again with Bobby Frankel in Southern California.
High Limit, a two-time grade II winner this year, has been retired from racing.
Mass Media, a grade I winner for Gary and Mary West, will resume training instead of entering stud.
The juggernaut that is the Keeneland September yearling sale continues to motor along at a high speed.
Gary and Mary West have sold their grade II winner Baptize to Rodolfo Lamperti for stallion duty in Spain.
Gary and Mary West's millionaire grade II winner Dollar Bill, who proved popular enough to warrant his own Web site, was euthanized Aug. 3 after foundering.
Margaret Glass, who worked at Calumet Farm during the glory days, died Aug. 2 at the University of Kentucky hospital.
Most Popular Stories
- Japan Gets a NY Filly as His First Foal
- Finest City Entered for 2017 Debut in Santa Monica
- Awesome Slew Stands Out in Sunshine Millions Classic
- Dortmund Drills for Sherman at Los Al
- Uncle Lino Back to Work at Santa Anita
- Southwest the Next Target for Uncontested
- Reporting Star to Again Try Sunshine Millions Turf
- Strong Racing Stable Has Oxley Looking Forward
- Sunshine Millions Cuts After FTBOA Withholds Payment
- Eclipse Awards to be Televised on TVG2