Gary and Mary West's Poker Player unleashed a huge move in mid-stretch to collar the leaders for an impressive victory in the off-the-turf Bourbon Stakes at a water-sogged Keeneland Race Course Oct. 6.
A weanling colt by Tapit was purchased by agent Ben Glass for $250,000 to top the Nov. 10 session of the Keeneland November breeding stock sale. Overall, the session saw a continuation of the trend throughout the sale in which numbers declined in all major statistical categories.
The first reported foal by millionaire Pollard's Vision is a filly bred by Ben Glass and foaled Jan. 12 at Frank and Mattie Justice's Dell Ridge Farm near Lexington.
Grade II winner High Limit, who was scheduled to enter stud in 2007, has taken up training again with Bobby Frankel in Southern California.
High Limit, a two-time grade II winner this year, has been retired from racing.
Mass Media, a grade I winner for Gary and Mary West, will resume training instead of entering stud.
The juggernaut that is the Keeneland September yearling sale continues to motor along at a high speed.
Gary and Mary West have sold their grade II winner Baptize to Rodolfo Lamperti for stallion duty in Spain.
Gary and Mary West's millionaire grade II winner Dollar Bill, who proved popular enough to warrant his own Web site, was euthanized Aug. 3 after foundering.
Margaret Glass, who worked at Calumet Farm during the glory days, died Aug. 2 at the University of Kentucky hospital.
Most Popular Stories
- Upstart Proves Class in Holy Bull Stakes
- Eblouissante Retired, to be Bred in Europe
- Alert Bay Victorious in Cal Cup Turf Classic
- Mischief Clem, 'Kitty Post Upsets in Cal Cup
- Lochte Triumphs in Tampa Bay Thriller
- Birdatthewire Soars to Easy Forward Gal Win
- Barbados Makes the Grade in Hutcheson
- First Reported Foal by Justin Phillip a Colt
- Sugar Shock Takes American Beauty in Comeback
- Consumer Credit Captures Sweetest Chant