The Shadwell Farm-bred Mustameet defeated Steenberg by a length in the Castlemartin & La Louviere Studs Gladness Stakes (Ire-III) at The Curragh Sunday.
Champion and Breeders' Cup Juvenile winner Johannesburg suffered a shock defeat on his seasonal debut at The Curragh on Sunday, which must throw a serious doubt over his participation in the Kentucky Derby.
We are well aware that the term 3-year-old analysis this year is an oxymoron. Maybe 3-year-old guesses would be more suitable a title. But the trouper that we are, we will attempt to link the word analysis with 3-year-old and try to make some kind of sense of this weekend's stakes, which actually look crystal clear compared to what is in store for us the following weekend.
With the ground at the Curragh drying up after a several days of beautiful weather, plans for Johannesburg are now to run in the seven-furlong Gladness Stakes on Sunday, as originally planned.
Most Popular Stories
- Nyquist's BC Work Less Than Ideal
- California Chrome 'Fit' for BC After Work
- Living The Life Retired, Won't Run in BC
- Breeders' Cup Pre-Entries Total 185
- Beholder, Frosted Drill at Santa Anita
- Rachel Alexandra Breeder Morrison dies
- Getting Started on Breeders' Cup Handicapping
- Charismatic Moving to Old Friends
- Songbird Logs Final Breeze for Distaff
- Breeders' Cup Race Order, Wagering Options