The Shadwell Farm-bred Mustameet defeated Steenberg by a length in the Castlemartin & La Louviere Studs Gladness Stakes (Ire-III) at The Curragh Sunday.
Champion and Breeders' Cup Juvenile winner Johannesburg suffered a shock defeat on his seasonal debut at The Curragh on Sunday, which must throw a serious doubt over his participation in the Kentucky Derby.
We are well aware that the term 3-year-old analysis this year is an oxymoron. Maybe 3-year-old guesses would be more suitable a title. But the trouper that we are, we will attempt to link the word analysis with 3-year-old and try to make some kind of sense of this weekend's stakes, which actually look crystal clear compared to what is in store for us the following weekend.
With the ground at the Curragh drying up after a several days of beautiful weather, plans for Johannesburg are now to run in the seven-furlong Gladness Stakes on Sunday, as originally planned.
Most Popular Stories
- U.S. Juvenile Turf Fillies Await Euro Attack
- Claimer Seeking the Sherif Reaches BC Sprint
- Bullet Move for Likely BC Juvenile Favorite
- Grade I Winner Alterite to Arqana Sale
- Haskin: Time to Give Blame His Due
- Two-Time Champion Beholder Out of BC Distaff
- Hillstar Shoots to Canadian International Win
- Just The Judge Earns E. P. Taylor Verdict
- Colic: To Refer or Not to Refer
- Untapable Tops Worktab Sunday at Santa Anita