Nestled on 250 acres inside the sprawling Nelson Jones Training Center near Ocala, Fla., Northwest Stud opened its gates for business in 2012. Download Now
A Malibu Moon--Hollywood Story filly brought a price of $1,350,000 to become the second-highest-priced offering at the midway point of the first session of the Keeneland September yearling sale Sept. 9 in Lexington.
Life At Ten, appearing at Gulfstream Park in her first start since a controversial attempt in the Breeders' Cup Ladies' Classic (gr. I) last fall, ran second in an optional claiming allowance April 10.
Calder racing and training restrictions lifted after horses test negative for EP.
Four horses at Calder Casino & Race Course were euthanized after testing positive for equine piroplasmosis. A state medical association blames the spread of the non-contagious disease on bad barn management.
Calder Casino & Race Course Sept. 12 placed racing and training restrictions on horses in one of its barns and in an adjacent training center while those horses are being tested for a non-contagious tick-borne disease.
The Nelson Jones Training Center in Central Florida has been acquired by a company with Thoroughbred racing ties that has plans to enhance the prominent complex.
Most Popular Stories
- Limitations and Advances in Lameness Assessment
- Big Drama Colt Leads OBS Select Session
- Magic Touch: Human Therapist Helps Racehorses
- Travers Upset: V. E. Day Over Wicked Strong
- Mine That Bird Movie Set for Wider Release
- Shared Belief's Hidden Key to Greatness
- Florida HBPA Launches New Website
- Starspangledbanner Colt Tops DBS Session
- Shared Belief Streaks to Pacific Classic Win
- Arc Winner Rail Link Relocated to France