Gulfstream Park is beginning a large and quick project to build stalls with the goal of resolving a potential "homeless horses" crisis in South Florida.
Carpe Diem, whose $1.6 million sale price was the co-highest at the Ocala Breeders' Sale Co. March sale of selected 2-year-olds in training, led all the way to win his career debut Sept. 1 at Saratoga Race Course.
Nestled on 250 acres inside the sprawling Nelson Jones Training Center near Ocala, Fla., Northwest Stud opened its gates for business in 2012. Download Now
A Malibu Moon--Hollywood Story filly brought a price of $1,350,000 to become the second-highest-priced offering at the midway point of the first session of the Keeneland September yearling sale Sept. 9 in Lexington.
Life At Ten, appearing at Gulfstream Park in her first start since a controversial attempt in the Breeders' Cup Ladies' Classic (gr. I) last fall, ran second in an optional claiming allowance April 10.
Calder racing and training restrictions lifted after horses test negative for EP.
Four horses at Calder Casino & Race Course were euthanized after testing positive for equine piroplasmosis. A state medical association blames the spread of the non-contagious disease on bad barn management.
Calder Casino & Race Course Sept. 12 placed racing and training restrictions on horses in one of its barns and in an adjacent training center while those horses are being tested for a non-contagious tick-borne disease.
The Nelson Jones Training Center in Central Florida has been acquired by a company with Thoroughbred racing ties that has plans to enhance the prominent complex.
Most Popular Stories
- Louis Quatorze Dies of Heart Attack
- Broken Pelvis Cause of Charismatic's Death
- Pierce Trains Tampa String for Sam-Son, Pin Oak
- Unique Bella Goes Easy in Five-Furlong Work
- Horse of the Year Charismatic Dies
- Finger Lakes Racing Dates Could Plummet Under Proposal
- Hong Kong Stars to Battle on Sunday at Sha Tin
- Arrogate 'His Usual Self' in Five-Furlong Move
- Look Back: Master Derby Wins Louisiana Derby
- Maker Quartet Headlines Fair Grounds 'Cap