Carpe Diem, whose $1.6 million sale price was the co-highest at the Ocala Breeders' Sale Co. March sale of selected 2-year-olds in training, led all the way to win his career debut Sept. 1 at Saratoga Race Course.
Nestled on 250 acres inside the sprawling Nelson Jones Training Center near Ocala, Fla., Northwest Stud opened its gates for business in 2012. Download Now
A Malibu Moon--Hollywood Story filly brought a price of $1,350,000 to become the second-highest-priced offering at the midway point of the first session of the Keeneland September yearling sale Sept. 9 in Lexington.
Life At Ten, appearing at Gulfstream Park in her first start since a controversial attempt in the Breeders' Cup Ladies' Classic (gr. I) last fall, ran second in an optional claiming allowance April 10.
Calder racing and training restrictions lifted after horses test negative for EP.
Four horses at Calder Casino & Race Course were euthanized after testing positive for equine piroplasmosis. A state medical association blames the spread of the non-contagious disease on bad barn management.
Calder Casino & Race Course Sept. 12 placed racing and training restrictions on horses in one of its barns and in an adjacent training center while those horses are being tested for a non-contagious tick-borne disease.
The Nelson Jones Training Center in Central Florida has been acquired by a company with Thoroughbred racing ties that has plans to enhance the prominent complex.
Most Popular Stories
- Claimer Seeking the Sherif Reaches BC Sprint
- U.S. Juvenile Turf Fillies Await Euro Attack
- Bullet Move for Likely BC Juvenile Favorite
- Two-Time Champion Beholder Out of BC Distaff
- Grade I Winner Alterite to Arqana Sale
- Haskin: Time to Give Blame His Due
- Hillstar Shoots to Canadian International Win
- Just The Judge Earns E. P. Taylor Verdict
- Untapable Tops Worktab Sunday at Santa Anita
- Colic: To Refer or Not to Refer