The surging Thoroughbred market continued to generate impressive figures Tuesday during the second session of Keeneland's January sale in Lexington.
Gary Tanaka's Star Parade, winless in nine races since taking the Milady Breeders' Cup (gr. I) in July 2004, pushed past heavily favored Dream of Summer in the stretch and drew off to an easy win in Sunday's $150,000 Bayakoa Handicap (gr. II) for fillies and mares at Hollywood Park.
The ultra-consistent California-bred millionaire Dream of Summer will carry high weight of 122 in the $150,000 Bayakoa Handicap (gr. II) Sunday, a race that drew four grade or group I winners at Hollywood Park.
Owner Anthony Speelman, a London art dealer, and bloodstock agent Shawn Dugan, wife of trainer Neil Drysdale, have enjoyed more than their share of success together.
Stonecrest Farm's Perfect Drift, winner of the 2003 Stephen Foster Handicap (gr. I), has been assigned high weight of 122 pounds for Friday's Clark Handicap (gr. II) at Churchill Downs. Martin L. Cherry's Pampered Princess was assigned 123 pounds for the Falls City Handicap (gr. II) on Thursday.
Dangerous Alphabet Kisses, coming into the $300,000 Clement L. Hirsch Handicap (gr. II) off a sparkling front-running victory in Hollywood Park's 7-furlong A Gleam Handicap (gr. II), has a definite pace edge again over her eight foes Sunday.
Girl Warrior battled along the inside to narrowly hold off the odds-on choice A.P. Adventure by a head in her stakes debut for trainer Neil Drysdale, winning the $150,000 El Encino Stakes (gr. II) for 4-year-old fillies Sunday at Santa Anita Park.
A.P. Adventure heads a field of eight entered for Sunday's $150,000 El Encino Stakes (gr. II) for 4-year-old fillies at Santa Anita Park.
Most Popular Stories
- Reach the World Euthanized After Training Injury
- Imperative Repeats in Charles Town Classic
- OBS Spring Sale to Test Depth of Juvenile Market
- Collected Impresses Again in Californian
- Multiplier Steps Up His Game in Illinois Derby
- Call To Mind Delivers Late Birthday Gift to The Queen
- Cloud Computing to Bypass KY Derby, Point for Preakness
- Gormley Works Smartly at Santa Anita
- Twisted Tom Takes Sloppy Tesio
- Finest City, Songbird Drill Toward Spring Starts