Bluesthestandard had his final major drill before next Sunday's $150,000 Palos Verdes Handicap (gr. II) at six furlongs Sunday, going five furlongs in :59 for trainer Ted H. West.
Richard Englander's Boston Common passed his Jeff Mullins-trained stablemate – 7-5 favorite King Robyn – in the stretch and went on to defeat the furiously closing Summer Service by a neck in Thursday's $107,600 El Conejo Handicap (gr. III) at Santa Anita.
Midwestern invader Beau's Town, impressively handled by Patrick Valenzuela, blazed to an impressive 1 1/2-length victory in the $191,000 Bing Crosby Breeders' Cup Handicap (gr. II) over a strong group of older sprinters.
"He's working really well. He's real happy. He's like he was a couple of years ago." Is he really the same "old warrior?" "Oh, yeah, he's the same old guy." That's jockey Alex Solis talking about his favorite horse, Kona Gold, in preparation for a start Saturday in the 58th edition of the grade II, $200,000 Bing Crosby Breeders' Cup Handicap at 6 furlongs on the main track.
Most Popular Stories
- Shared Belief Eased as Moreno Wins CT Classic
- Whiskey Ticket Wins IL Derby Like a Pro
- Hootenanny Successful in Season Debut
- Cozmic One Approaches Long-Awaited Debut
- Bodhisattva Gets Classic Credential in Tesio
- Queen of The Sand Rebounds in Santa Barbara
- One Lucky Dane Off Derby Trail After Workout
- Taketheodds, Russell Road Win at Charles Town
- Dramedy Lights Up Elkhorn at 30-1
- Unspurned Makes Grade in Whimsical