Howe Great, a turf horse for now, held off Dullahan by one length to win the $150,000 Palm Beach Stakes (gr. IIIT) as the 3-5 favorite on the Gulfstream Park lawn March 11.
Howe Great registered a front-running victory in the $100,000 Kitten's Joy Stakes to cap a big week for Team Valor International and trainer Graham Motion, who also started runner-up Lucky Chappy at Gulfstream Park Jan. 21.
Most Popular Stories
- Big Three Clash in Rich Travers Stakes
- Byron Hughes is Farm Manager of the Year
- Game Sole Power Finds Gap Late in Nunthorpe
- Pat O'Brien Deja Vu for Fed Biz, Goldencents
- BHA Levies Heavy Penalties Against Three
- Pedigree Analysis: Bayern
- Stryker Phd Smart Choice in Longacres Mile
- TimeformUS Weekend Stakes Plays
- Captain Serious, Empire Dreams Head Showcase
- Filly is First Winner for Justenuffhumor