Howe Great, a turf horse for now, held off Dullahan by one length to win the $150,000 Palm Beach Stakes (gr. IIIT) as the 3-5 favorite on the Gulfstream Park lawn March 11.
Howe Great registered a front-running victory in the $100,000 Kitten's Joy Stakes to cap a big week for Team Valor International and trainer Graham Motion, who also started runner-up Lucky Chappy at Gulfstream Park Jan. 21.
Most Popular Stories
- Podcast: Eclipse Awards 2013: Older Divisions
- Flashback Likely Pick Among Malibu Probables
- Valenzuela Expects Healthy Santa Anita Meet
- Storms Eye and Europe to Bearfoot Farms
- Digging Deeper into Breeders' Cup Lasix Study
- And They're Off: 2013 Offy Awards
- Native Diver Monument Moving to Del Mar
- Stretch Out No Problem for Unbeaten Samraat
- Brown Enters Pleuven, Request in Dania Beach
- Rice Plots Spots for Palace; Gravesend Next