Santa Anita Park posted gains across the board during the recently concluded 24-day fall meet, led by an 8.7% jump in all-sources handle when compared to the corresponding days in 2009.
Four new members have been elected to the Disabled Jockeys' Endowment Board.
Hurt by its early-season cancellation of 11 racing days, Santa Anita concluded its winter/spring meet April 20 with decreases in overall handle and attendance. But officials were breathing a sigh of relief that it wasn't worse.
Most Popular Stories
- Arrogate Impresses at Santa Anita
- Far From Over Victorious in Return
- How a Sire Line Develops
- Phantom Dollars Flood Track's Double Pool
- Fairplex, Santa Anita House Evacuated Horses
- Exclusive Contest: Name the White-Headed Foal
- Mohaymen Back to Work in New York
- Too Early to Gauge 'Brexit' Effect on Sales
- Putting Uncle Mo in Perspective
- Nyquist to Work in Afternoon at Santa Anita