Grade III winner Fury Kapcori has been retired from racing and will stand the 2016 breeding season at Brent and Crystal Fernung's Journeyman Stud in Ocala, Fla.
Heavily favored Fury Kapcori earned his first graded stakes win and his fourth victory in a row with a front-running romp in the Precisionist Stakes (gr. III) on the Kentucky Derby day card May 3 at Santa Anita.
Tizfiz, claimed for $50,000 by trainer Ralph DeLeon last fall, took the San Gorgonio Handicap (gr. IIT) field all the way, outlasting Marzelline by a nose in an upset on the Santa Anita turf course Jan. 4.
Most Popular Stories
- Suddenbreakingnews Now 'Official Ridgling'
- Si Sage Speeds to Whittingham Victory
- Songbird Works at Santa Anita, Target Unknown
- Exaggerator Arrives at Belmont Park
- Lexie Lou Back to Winning Ways at Woodbine
- Surgical Strike Gets His Graded Stakes Win
- Makahiki Wins Japanese Derby
- Leroidesanimaux Dies at 16
- California Chrome 'Stronger' in Los Al Drill
- Royal Ascot Journey Confirmed for Tepin