Grade III winner Fury Kapcori has been retired from racing and will stand the 2016 breeding season at Brent and Crystal Fernung's Journeyman Stud in Ocala, Fla.
Heavily favored Fury Kapcori earned his first graded stakes win and his fourth victory in a row with a front-running romp in the Precisionist Stakes (gr. III) on the Kentucky Derby day card May 3 at Santa Anita.
Tizfiz, claimed for $50,000 by trainer Ralph DeLeon last fall, took the San Gorgonio Handicap (gr. IIT) field all the way, outlasting Marzelline by a nose in an upset on the Santa Anita turf course Jan. 4.
Most Popular Stories
- Borells Charged With Animal Cruelty
- Danzing Candy to Make First Start for Baffert
- Rachel's Valentina Returns in Mother Goose
- Relief Comes to Abandoned Horses in Kentucky
- White-Headed Foal Named Southern Phantom
- Legends: Charlie Whittingham, the Bald Eagle
- Kentucky Neglect Case Under Investigation
- Recruiting Ready Signs on for Bashford Manor
- Limousine Liberal Seeks Graded Score in Smile
- Evangeline Downs Hosts LA Legends Night