Grade III winner Fury Kapcori has been retired from racing and will stand the 2016 breeding season at Brent and Crystal Fernung's Journeyman Stud in Ocala, Fla.
Heavily favored Fury Kapcori earned his first graded stakes win and his fourth victory in a row with a front-running romp in the Precisionist Stakes (gr. III) on the Kentucky Derby day card May 3 at Santa Anita.
Tizfiz, claimed for $50,000 by trainer Ralph DeLeon last fall, took the San Gorgonio Handicap (gr. IIT) field all the way, outlasting Marzelline by a nose in an upset on the Santa Anita turf course Jan. 4.
Most Popular Stories
- Stradivari Sustains Career-Ending Injury
- Enola Gray Still Unbeaten After Del Mar Romp
- 7-Year-Old Gelding Wins First Start at Ellis
- Blame Angel Wins a Day After Trainer's Death
- Ancient Secret Scores in Lake George
- After 35 Years, Jockey Joe Steiner Retires
- Sweet Loretta Powers to Schuylerville Win
- Songbird Logs First Gallop at Saratoga
- McCarthy, Trainer of General Quarters, Dies
- Songbird Adds Star Power to Sunday's CCA Oaks