Grade III winner Fury Kapcori has been retired from racing and will stand the 2016 breeding season at Brent and Crystal Fernung's Journeyman Stud in Ocala, Fla.
Heavily favored Fury Kapcori earned his first graded stakes win and his fourth victory in a row with a front-running romp in the Precisionist Stakes (gr. III) on the Kentucky Derby day card May 3 at Santa Anita.
Tizfiz, claimed for $50,000 by trainer Ralph DeLeon last fall, took the San Gorgonio Handicap (gr. IIT) field all the way, outlasting Marzelline by a nose in an upset on the Santa Anita turf course Jan. 4.
Most Popular Stories
- Industry Groups Ask for Change in Parx Oaks Ruling
- Quality Over Quantity in Fasig-Tipton Saratoga Catalog
- Arrogate Breezes at Santa Anita
- Street Surrender, Roman Secure First Stakes Win
- Durkin to Lead Personalized Tours of Hall of Fame
- Irap Gets Best of Girvin in Ohio Derby
- Breeders' Cup Filly & Mare Turf Berth for Birdie Gold
- Society's Chairman Continues Beating the Odds
- Lady Eli, Cloud Computing Among Workers for Brown
- California Sire Benchmark Dead at 26