Grade III winner Fury Kapcori has been retired from racing and will stand the 2016 breeding season at Brent and Crystal Fernung's Journeyman Stud in Ocala, Fla.
Heavily favored Fury Kapcori earned his first graded stakes win and his fourth victory in a row with a front-running romp in the Precisionist Stakes (gr. III) on the Kentucky Derby day card May 3 at Santa Anita.
Tizfiz, claimed for $50,000 by trainer Ralph DeLeon last fall, took the San Gorgonio Handicap (gr. IIT) field all the way, outlasting Marzelline by a nose in an upset on the Santa Anita turf course Jan. 4.
Most Popular Stories
- Albarado Fractures Ankle, Off J Boys Echo in Derby
- Santa Anita Cancels April 27 Racing
- Irad Ortiz Jr. Wins Aqueduct Riding Title
- Reach the World Euthanized After Training Injury
- Dolphus Outruns Quality Field at Aqueduct
- Pricey Filly Tops OBS Pinhook Prospects
- J Boys Echo Breezes Five Furlongs at Churchill
- Imperative Repeats in Charles Town Classic
- Collected Impresses Again in Californian
- Multiplier Steps Up His Game in Illinois Derby