After a shaky start Tuesday night, Tattersalls' 2007 Craven Breeze-Up Sale rallied to produce a 5,138,000gns turnover, 9% short of last year's figure, a 74,464gns average, down 1% and 52,000gns median, down 5%.
There were two six-figure transactions Tuesday during the second day of Tattersalls October yearling sale (Part 2) in Newmarket, England.
Tattersalls' December Foal Sale began in Newmarket, England on Wednesday, with the weakest of the four days. But the 7,944 guineas average was still up by 12% over last year's record and the 5,000 guineas median was up 25%. The session aggregate of 1,421,900 guineas for an expanded catalogue was virtually double the 2002 figure.
Most Popular Stories
- Tonalist, Wicked Strong Headline Jim Dandy
- Dance With Fate Off the Bench for San Diego
- Queen's Horse Tests Positive for Morphine
- Record Breakers Headed for Del Mar Debutante
- Art Sherman to Receive Laffit Pincay Award
- Daring Dancer Prevails in Lake George Stakes
- Can Coup de Grace Land Blow in Amsterdam?
- Shanon Nicole Takes Off-Turf Indiana Grand
- Eight Stakes Set for Churchill in September
- Haskin: The Saint of Saratoga