After a shaky start Tuesday night, Tattersalls' 2007 Craven Breeze-Up Sale rallied to produce a 5,138,000gns turnover, 9% short of last year's figure, a 74,464gns average, down 1% and 52,000gns median, down 5%.
There were two six-figure transactions Tuesday during the second day of Tattersalls October yearling sale (Part 2) in Newmarket, England.
Tattersalls' December Foal Sale began in Newmarket, England on Wednesday, with the weakest of the four days. But the 7,944 guineas average was still up by 12% over last year's record and the 5,000 guineas median was up 25%. The session aggregate of 1,421,900 guineas for an expanded catalogue was virtually double the 2002 figure.
Most Popular Stories
- Easter Filly for Horse of the Year Zenyatta
- Trainer Jones Continues to Recover From Fall
- After the Wire: Top 5 Derby Prep Races
- Champion Filly Beholder Coasts in 2014 Debut
- Derby Contender Tapiture Breezes at Churchill
- Dude! Imperative Shocks Charles Town Classic
- Cairo Prince Injured, Out of Kentucky Derby
- Santa Anita Winter Meet Handle Up 4%
- Wildcat Red, With Saez, Works at Gulfstream
- Featured Horse Profile: Frac Daddy