After a shaky start Tuesday night, Tattersalls' 2007 Craven Breeze-Up Sale rallied to produce a 5,138,000gns turnover, 9% short of last year's figure, a 74,464gns average, down 1% and 52,000gns median, down 5%.
There were two six-figure transactions Tuesday during the second day of Tattersalls October yearling sale (Part 2) in Newmarket, England.
Tattersalls' December Foal Sale began in Newmarket, England on Wednesday, with the weakest of the four days. But the 7,944 guineas average was still up by 12% over last year's record and the 5,000 guineas median was up 25%. The session aggregate of 1,421,900 guineas for an expanded catalogue was virtually double the 2002 figure.
Most Popular Stories
- Aqueduct Cancels Racing for Saturday, Jan. 31
- Is Ceftiofur Sodium an Effective Treatment for Placentitis?
- Leave the Light On Off Derby Trail
- The Legacy of Gone West
- Withers Favorite El Kabeir Breezes at Belmont
- Honor Code, Top Billing Near 4YO Debuts
- KY Derby Winner Thunder Gulch Pensioned at 23
- 2014 New Mexico Champions Announced
- Texas Red Set for Super Return in San Vicente
- Turfway Increases Purses, Adds Race Per Week