After a shaky start Tuesday night, Tattersalls' 2007 Craven Breeze-Up Sale rallied to produce a 5,138,000gns turnover, 9% short of last year's figure, a 74,464gns average, down 1% and 52,000gns median, down 5%.
There were two six-figure transactions Tuesday during the second day of Tattersalls October yearling sale (Part 2) in Newmarket, England.
Tattersalls' December Foal Sale began in Newmarket, England on Wednesday, with the weakest of the four days. But the 7,944 guineas average was still up by 12% over last year's record and the 5,000 guineas median was up 25%. The session aggregate of 1,421,900 guineas for an expanded catalogue was virtually double the 2002 figure.
Most Popular Stories
- And They're Off: 2013 Offy Awards
- Flashback Likely Pick Among Malibu Probables
- Digging Deeper into Breeders' Cup Lasix Study
- Valenzuela Expects Healthy Santa Anita Meet
- Hangin' With Haskin: My Top 10 Racing Movies
- Podcast: Eclipse Awards 2013: Older Divisions
- Native Diver Monument Moving to Del Mar
- Stretch Out No Problem for Unbeaten Samraat
- GII Winner Forty Tales Retires to Sequel NY
- Breeder Berglar Earns Breeders' Cup Award