After a shaky start Tuesday night, Tattersalls' 2007 Craven Breeze-Up Sale rallied to produce a 5,138,000gns turnover, 9% short of last year's figure, a 74,464gns average, down 1% and 52,000gns median, down 5%.
There were two six-figure transactions Tuesday during the second day of Tattersalls October yearling sale (Part 2) in Newmarket, England.
Tattersalls' December Foal Sale began in Newmarket, England on Wednesday, with the weakest of the four days. But the 7,944 guineas average was still up by 12% over last year's record and the 5,000 guineas median was up 25%. The session aggregate of 1,421,900 guineas for an expanded catalogue was virtually double the 2002 figure.
Most Popular Stories
- Field of 22 Set for 142nd Kentucky Derby
- Fresh Horses Plentiful in 2016 Kentucky Derby
- Nyquist Jogs, Schools at Churchill Downs
- Ramseys Go It Alone with Oscar Nominated
- Rachel's Valentina 7-2 Oaks Favorite
- Adversaries Unite at Trainers' Dinner
- Steve Haskin's Derby Dozen - May 3, 2016
- NBC Sports Group Sets Derby Week Coverage
- Zenyatta Bred to Medaglia d'Oro
- Lani Breezes in Final Derby Preparation