Colts by Darley sires Street Cry and Exceed And Excel brought the top prices on day two of the Inglis Australian Easter yearling sale in Sydney April 9, each selling for seven figures.
A Redoute's Choice half sister to 2011 Australian Horse of the Year Black Caviar was expected to be the star of the William Inglis & Son Easter yearling sale in Australia and she didn't disappoint.
Rick Jamieson of Gilgai Farm in Australia sold a weanling half sister to Zenyatta for $1.5 million during the opening session of the Keeneland November breeding stock auction Nov. 7 in Lexington.
Gilgai Farm, the breeder of undefeated Australian superstar Black Caviar, also is the owner of the weanling half-sister to 2010 Horse of the Year Zenyatta that is slated to be offered at the Keeneland.
Most Popular Stories
- Madefromlucky Officially Out of KY Derby
- Record Average for OBS Spring Sale
- Derby 'Todd Squad' Breezes at Churchill
- Prince Bishop, African Story Retired
- Keeneland Spring Handle Figures Down
- Shared Belief Recovering at Golden Gate
- Ramseys Earn Record 15th Keeneland Title
- Kitten's Point Surges Late to Claim Bewitch
- Casner Still Committed to Salix-Free Racing
- Derby Jockey Walker Influenced Breeders