George Russell has been re-elected president of the Florida Thoroughbred Breeders' and Owners' Association, which announced its new executive committee and board members for 2015 on Oct. 23.
Scandalous Act won the $300,000 My Dear Girl Stakes in a romp Oct. 12 at Calder Casino & Race Course to complete her sweep of the female division of the Florida Stallion Stakes for owner/breeder Gilbert G. Campbell.
Trainer Kathleen O'Connell can complete a sweep of both the male and female divisions of the Florida Stallion Stakes Series Oct. 12 at Calder when she saddles My Brown Eyed Guy and Scandalous Act for Gilbert Campbell.
Onepointhreekarats made her stakes debut successfully for trainer Graham Motion when she drew off mid-stretch to win the $104,250 Thirty Eight Go Go Stakes Dec. 22 comfortably at Laurel Park.
Watch Me Go, sent off at odds of 43-1, outdueled 86-1 longshot Crimson Knight by a neck to post a shocking upset in the $350,000 Tampa Bay Derby (gr. III) March 12 at Tampa Bay Downs.
Fly by Phil, a 23-1 longshot making his stakes debut, got the graded stakes season off to a rousing start when he ran down odds-on favorite Lost Aptitude in the final jump to win the $100,000 Tropical Park Derby (gr. IIIT).
Favored This Ones for Phil was awarded victory in the $150,000 Swale Stakes (gr. II) when Big Drama was disqualified for interference in the stretch after posting a track record for seven furlongs at Gulfstream Park March 28.
One should never underestimate the value of a good start. That's what the owner and trainer of Ivanavinalot advise, after seeing their 2-year-old filly dominate the Susan's Girl Division of the Florida Stallion Stakes Saturday at Calder Race Course.
Most Popular Stories
- Crown Champ American Pharoah Returns to Work
- E Dubai Filly Top Pick at MD Yearling Show
- Casse Eyes Second Straight Queen's Plate Win
- Presque Isle Asks State for Guidance on Deer
- Normandy Invasion Set to Return at Delaware
- Churchill Downs Spring Meet Handle Increases
- Keeneland Expands Fall Meet Stakes Schedule
- KHRC Delays Action on Medication Rules
- Magnificent Treve Triumphs at Saint-Cloud
- ABR Releases Another Digital Video Ad