More than two-thirds of respondents to a Thoroughbred Owners and Breeders Association survey of auction buyers indicated they are less likely to purchase a horse that has undergone a surgical procedure prior to being sold.
Seasons to top New York-bred stallions, New York Yankees memorabilia, a foursome at Saratoga National Golf Club, house seats to a Broadway show, a Travers Day box, and seats for the 22nd Breeders' Cup World Thoroughbred Championships are among the items scheduled to be auctioned off at the 82nd annual New York Turf Writers Association awards dinner and dance, Monday, Aug. 22 at the Gideon Putnam Hotel in Saratoga Springs, N.Y.
Former New York City mayor Rudy Giuliani, now chairman and CEO of Giuliani Partners, will present a report on the integrity of electronic wagering in the racing industry on Aug. 17, at The Jockey Club's Round Table Conference on Matters Pertaining to Racing in Saratoga Springs, N.Y.
Most Popular Stories
- Bayern Turns in Bullet Move at Santa Anita
- Emerald Downs Purses to Rise 20% in 2015
- Travis Stone Named Churchill Downs Announcer
- California Chrome Drills at Los Alamitos
- Old Friends to Receive Special Eclipse Award
- Rodenticide Linked to Six Sudden Horse Deaths
- Bridlewood Owner Malone Purchases Ballylinch
- Casino Would Negatively Impact Finger Lakes
- Pedigree Analysis: Milwaukee Brew
- OBS Winter Mixed Sale Catalog Now Online