More than two-thirds of respondents to a Thoroughbred Owners and Breeders Association survey of auction buyers indicated they are less likely to purchase a horse that has undergone a surgical procedure prior to being sold.
Seasons to top New York-bred stallions, New York Yankees memorabilia, a foursome at Saratoga National Golf Club, house seats to a Broadway show, a Travers Day box, and seats for the 22nd Breeders' Cup World Thoroughbred Championships are among the items scheduled to be auctioned off at the 82nd annual New York Turf Writers Association awards dinner and dance, Monday, Aug. 22 at the Gideon Putnam Hotel in Saratoga Springs, N.Y.
Former New York City mayor Rudy Giuliani, now chairman and CEO of Giuliani Partners, will present a report on the integrity of electronic wagering in the racing industry on Aug. 17, at The Jockey Club's Round Table Conference on Matters Pertaining to Racing in Saratoga Springs, N.Y.
Most Popular Stories
- Girvin Battling Quarter Crack, KY Derby Not Ruled Out
- Record Tiznow Colt Lives Up to Expectations
- Animal Kingdom's First N. Hemisphere Starter Wins Big
- Tiznow Colt Brings $2.45 Million at OBS
- Derby, Oaks Notes from Churchill Downs, April 27
- Paradise Woods Records Final Work for Kentucky Oaks
- Santa Anita Officials Confident Future Cards Will Fill
- Pletcher Considering Royal Ascot for American Patriot
- Sharp: Girvin Still on Track for Kentucky Derby
- Union Rags Colt Goes for $1 Million at OBS