More than two-thirds of respondents to a Thoroughbred Owners and Breeders Association survey of auction buyers indicated they are less likely to purchase a horse that has undergone a surgical procedure prior to being sold.
Seasons to top New York-bred stallions, New York Yankees memorabilia, a foursome at Saratoga National Golf Club, house seats to a Broadway show, a Travers Day box, and seats for the 22nd Breeders' Cup World Thoroughbred Championships are among the items scheduled to be auctioned off at the 82nd annual New York Turf Writers Association awards dinner and dance, Monday, Aug. 22 at the Gideon Putnam Hotel in Saratoga Springs, N.Y.
Former New York City mayor Rudy Giuliani, now chairman and CEO of Giuliani Partners, will present a report on the integrity of electronic wagering in the racing industry on Aug. 17, at The Jockey Club's Round Table Conference on Matters Pertaining to Racing in Saratoga Springs, N.Y.
Most Popular Stories
- Love the Chase to Sell at F-T November
- Jim Rome Remembers Shared Belief
- Woodward Up Next for Frosted
- Lady Eli's Miracle Comeback Looms
- Unbeaten Enola Gray Steps Up in Torrey Pines
- Del Mar to Cut Race Dates, Open Later in 2017
- Majesto Spikes Fever, to Scratch From Travers
- 'Crook' 50th Black-Type Winner for Freud
- Runhappy Gets Back to Work at Keeneland
- Full Travers Field Awaits Exaggerator