More than two-thirds of respondents to a Thoroughbred Owners and Breeders Association survey of auction buyers indicated they are less likely to purchase a horse that has undergone a surgical procedure prior to being sold.
Seasons to top New York-bred stallions, New York Yankees memorabilia, a foursome at Saratoga National Golf Club, house seats to a Broadway show, a Travers Day box, and seats for the 22nd Breeders' Cup World Thoroughbred Championships are among the items scheduled to be auctioned off at the 82nd annual New York Turf Writers Association awards dinner and dance, Monday, Aug. 22 at the Gideon Putnam Hotel in Saratoga Springs, N.Y.
Former New York City mayor Rudy Giuliani, now chairman and CEO of Giuliani Partners, will present a report on the integrity of electronic wagering in the racing industry on Aug. 17, at The Jockey Club's Round Table Conference on Matters Pertaining to Racing in Saratoga Springs, N.Y.
Most Popular Stories
- Tapiture Takes On Rebel Invaders and Old Foes
- Social Inclusion Spoils Honor Code's Return
- Study Links Cell Damage to Corticosteroids
- Iotapa Heads Tough Lineup in Santa Margarita
- Azeri: Don't Tell Sophia Faces Close Hatches
- Sign Runs Last in Return from Lengthy Layoff
- New Standards May be Imposed on NY Stewards
- Hall of Fame Jockeys to Compete at Pimlico
- Taptowne Draws Rail in Well-Matched Razorback
- Parranda Seeks More Gulf Glory in Honey Fox