With England's Queen Elizabeth II attending for the first time since 1997, front-running Big Red Mike stole the 151st renewal of the Queen's Plate with a gate-to-wire win for jockey Eurico Rosa Da Silva at Woodbine July 4.
The Canadian operation's three runners are Hotep, Giant's Tomb, and Dark Cloud Dancer.
Hotep, a full brother to 2009 Queen's Plate winner Eye of the Leopard, has been installed as the 3-1 morning line favorite for the $1 million (Canadian funds) Queen's Plate at Woodbine July 4.
Pacesetter Big Red Mike dug in when challenged on his inside by Mobilizer to win the $146,256 Plate Trial Stakes in determined style at Woodbine June 13.
Hollinger, the winterbook favorite for Canada's Queen's Plate next month, heads a field of eight Ontario-bred 3-year-olds entered for the $150,000 Plate Trial Stakes over Woodbine's Polytrack June 13.
A probable field of six 3-year-olds, headed by Tampa Bay Derby (gr. III) winner Odysseus, is expected for the April 10 Toyota Blue Grass Stakes (gr. I) at Keeneland.
Bear's Hard Ten split rivals while taking over at the quarter pole and never looked back, romping to a 3 3/4-length score in the $155,300 Display Stakes for 2-year-olds Dec. 5 at Woodbine.
Eight juveniles, including the allowance-winning filly Redverse, go in search of a first stakes win in the $150,000 Display at Woodbine Dec. 5.
Most Popular Stories
- Sanford Adds Another Chapter to Rich History Saturday
- Maryland Horse of the Year Ben's Cat Dies
- Abel Tasman Brings Form to Coaching Club American Oaks
- Del Mar Addressing Safety, Field Size Concerns
- Solis to Evaluate Future Following Surgery
- Trainer Van Winkle Earns 1,000th Career Win
- Arrogate Begins Del Mar Journey in San Diego Handicap
- NYRA XP App Available for First Time at Saratoga
- Daddy's More Than Home
- Remembering Ben's Cat