With England's Queen Elizabeth II attending for the first time since 1997, front-running Big Red Mike stole the 151st renewal of the Queen's Plate with a gate-to-wire win for jockey Eurico Rosa Da Silva at Woodbine July 4.
The Canadian operation's three runners are Hotep, Giant's Tomb, and Dark Cloud Dancer.
Hotep, a full brother to 2009 Queen's Plate winner Eye of the Leopard, has been installed as the 3-1 morning line favorite for the $1 million (Canadian funds) Queen's Plate at Woodbine July 4.
Pacesetter Big Red Mike dug in when challenged on his inside by Mobilizer to win the $146,256 Plate Trial Stakes in determined style at Woodbine June 13.
Hollinger, the winterbook favorite for Canada's Queen's Plate next month, heads a field of eight Ontario-bred 3-year-olds entered for the $150,000 Plate Trial Stakes over Woodbine's Polytrack June 13.
A probable field of six 3-year-olds, headed by Tampa Bay Derby (gr. III) winner Odysseus, is expected for the April 10 Toyota Blue Grass Stakes (gr. I) at Keeneland.
Bear's Hard Ten split rivals while taking over at the quarter pole and never looked back, romping to a 3 3/4-length score in the $155,300 Display Stakes for 2-year-olds Dec. 5 at Woodbine.
Eight juveniles, including the allowance-winning filly Redverse, go in search of a first stakes win in the $150,000 Display at Woodbine Dec. 5.
Most Popular Stories
- Borells Charged With Animal Cruelty
- Probe Into Abandoned Horses Continues
- Lady Shipman Stands Tall in Highlander
- Mr. Jordan, Green Gratto Face Off in Salvator
- Litfin at Large: The Mother Goose
- Relief Comes to Abandoned Horses in Kentucky
- Danzing Candy to Make First Start for Baffert
- Full Mast Could Cruise in King Edward Stakes
- Rachel's Valentina Returns in Mother Goose
- Laurel Adds New High-Definition Infield Board