Dreadnaught, a 7-year-old gelding with more than $600,000 in career earnings, holds a substantial class edge in the $100,000 Sussex Stakes on the Delaware Park turf course Saturday, but the confirmed closer will have to overcome a pronounced track bias to reach the winner's circle for trainer Thomas Voss.
Trainer Kiaran McLaughlin packs a solid one-two punch in Spider Power and Carnera, part of a puzzler that kicks off Belmont Park's big stakes weekend on Friday in the $100,000 Hill Prince (gr. IIIT) on the turf.
Peter Vego's Florida homebred Go Between is the slight favorite among nine 3-year-olds entered for Friday's $100,000 Crown Royal American Turf (gr. IIIT) on the Churchill Downs turf.
Most Popular Stories
- White-Headed Foal Named Southern Phantom
- Relief Comes to Abandoned Horses in Kentucky
- Kentucky Neglect Case Under Investigation
- Six Neglected Horses Cleared to Leave Farm
- Gaudet, Amoss to Join Saratoga Live Team
- Fewer Fatalities Tied to Risk-Factor Changes
- Bramlage: Decreased Use of Depo-Medrol a Plus
- A New Brand of Hero
- Mo Tom Clear Winner in Ohio Derby
- Tampa Bay Downs Ready for Summer Festival