Dreadnaught, a 7-year-old gelding with more than $600,000 in career earnings, holds a substantial class edge in the $100,000 Sussex Stakes on the Delaware Park turf course Saturday, but the confirmed closer will have to overcome a pronounced track bias to reach the winner's circle for trainer Thomas Voss.
Trainer Kiaran McLaughlin packs a solid one-two punch in Spider Power and Carnera, part of a puzzler that kicks off Belmont Park's big stakes weekend on Friday in the $100,000 Hill Prince (gr. IIIT) on the turf.
Peter Vego's Florida homebred Go Between is the slight favorite among nine 3-year-olds entered for Friday's $100,000 Crown Royal American Turf (gr. IIIT) on the Churchill Downs turf.
Most Popular Stories
- Encouraging Starts to Saratoga, Del Mar Meets
- Commanding Curve Entered in Curlin Stakes
- Better Lucky Shines; My Miss Aurelia Third
- Filly Untapable Works Toward Haskell
- Will Take Charge Works Toward Whitney
- Grade I Winner Heir Kitty Tops Del Mar Sale
- Kiss to Remember Steps Up in Indiana Grand
- Milestone Win 1,000 for Jockey Magrell
- Matz Says He Nearly Retired Somali Lemonade
- Favorite Tale, Choctaw Chuck Top Quick Call