Dreadnaught, a 7-year-old gelding with more than $600,000 in career earnings, holds a substantial class edge in the $100,000 Sussex Stakes on the Delaware Park turf course Saturday, but the confirmed closer will have to overcome a pronounced track bias to reach the winner's circle for trainer Thomas Voss.
Trainer Kiaran McLaughlin packs a solid one-two punch in Spider Power and Carnera, part of a puzzler that kicks off Belmont Park's big stakes weekend on Friday in the $100,000 Hill Prince (gr. IIIT) on the turf.
Peter Vego's Florida homebred Go Between is the slight favorite among nine 3-year-olds entered for Friday's $100,000 Crown Royal American Turf (gr. IIIT) on the Churchill Downs turf.
Most Popular Stories
- Will Take Charge vs. Palace Malice in Whitney
- Kingman Wins Sussex with Dazzling Late Speed
- Federal Judge Dismisses Dutrow Lawsuit
- Social Inclusion to Move to Chad Brown
- Thoroughbred Marketplace at Pimlico Oct. 4-5
- Colorado Voters to Decide on Racino Gaming
- CDI Gets 5-Year Contract with Saratoga Casino
- Palace Malice Hoping to Continue His Roll
- Check Ligament Surgery Helps Racehorses with SDFT Injuries
- Coltimus Prime Rules Prince of Wales