The stars were out at Palm Meadows training center Tuesday morning following several days of bad weather, which forced the cancellation the Monday's Gulfstream card and most of Sunday's. Heading the 3-year-old workers was Read the Footnotes, who will make his debut in the Fountain of Youth Stakes (gr. I).
Martin Cherry's Wynn Dot Conma began his 3-year-old campaign on a winning note Saturday when he passed three horses in the stretch to win the $100,000 Spectacular Bid Stakes (gr. III) at Gulfstream Park.
Martin Cherry's stakes-winner Wynn Dot Comma has been installed as the 9-5 favorite in a field of seven 3-year-olds set to contest the $100,000 Spectacular Bid Stakes (gr. III) at Gulfstream Park Saturday.
Among the horses expected to compete this weekend at Gulfstream Park are House Party and Smokume from Allen Jerkens' barn and Ghost Mountain from Nick Zito's shedrow.
Winchell Thoroughbreds LLC's Tapit, jumped from a debut maiden score a month ago to trounce a field of 2-year-olds in Saturday's $100,000 Laurel Futurity (gr. III).
The $300,000 Frank J. De Francis Memorial Dash (grade I) is the headline event of Saturday's Fall Festival of Racing, but the day also features five additional stakes races on the 10-race program.
This is the first in a series of early looks at next year's 3-year-olds and where they might stack up on the Kentucky Derby (gr. I) trail. Right now, it is Nick Zito, Richard Mandella, and Todd Pletcher who have the numbers.
Most Popular Stories
- Tepin Refuses to Work March 27 at Palm Meadows
- Skychai Racing Purchases Interest in Fast and Accurate
- Arrogate Last to First in Dubai World Cup
- McCraken Stretches Out in Keeneland Work
- Hence Springs Upset in Sunland Derby
- Dortmund Back to Dirt in Next Start
- Girvin Heads Louisiana Derby Field
- McCraken Still Atop NTRA 3-Year-Old Poll
- Undefeated Ghalia Takes Sunland Park Oaks
- Fast and Accurate Scores Spiral Upset