Phipps Stable's homebred Boisterous never stopped charging and finally overtook Sleepless Knight in the final 40 yards to win the $100,000 Knickerbocker Stakes (gr. IIIT) by a half-length Oct. 15 at Belmont Park.
French import Right One lived up to his name as made a late run from the rear and got up in the last jump to nip Yield Bogey in the $100,000 Jaipur Stakes (gr. III) at Belmont Park July 16.
Watch Me Go, sent off at odds of 43-1, outdueled 86-1 longshot Crimson Knight by a neck to post a shocking upset in the $350,000 Tampa Bay Derby (gr. III) March 12 at Tampa Bay Downs.
Bobby Frankel will saddle another morning line favorite Saturday for Juddmonte Farm at Churchill Downs when homebred Heat Haze, unbeaten in two U.S. races, takes on a full field in the $100,000-added CITGO Distaff Turf Mile (gr. IIIT) for fillies and mares.
Most Popular Stories
- Can Calculator Figure in BC Juvenile?
- Breeders' Cup Features 201 Pre-Entered Horses
- California's Golden Eagle Farm Set to Close
- Tapit Filly Tops Record F-T October Sale
- BC Classic: How Weak Are the Older Horses?
- Sherman Sees California Chrome Bouncing Back
- Declaration of War Moving to Ashford Stud
- Queen's Plate Winner Lexie Lou in Autumn Miss
- Top 3-Year-Olds Abound in BC Classic
- Early Thoughts on the BC Pre-Entries