Phipps Stable's homebred Boisterous never stopped charging and finally overtook Sleepless Knight in the final 40 yards to win the $100,000 Knickerbocker Stakes (gr. IIIT) by a half-length Oct. 15 at Belmont Park.
French import Right One lived up to his name as made a late run from the rear and got up in the last jump to nip Yield Bogey in the $100,000 Jaipur Stakes (gr. III) at Belmont Park July 16.
Watch Me Go, sent off at odds of 43-1, outdueled 86-1 longshot Crimson Knight by a neck to post a shocking upset in the $350,000 Tampa Bay Derby (gr. III) March 12 at Tampa Bay Downs.
Bobby Frankel will saddle another morning line favorite Saturday for Juddmonte Farm at Churchill Downs when homebred Heat Haze, unbeaten in two U.S. races, takes on a full field in the $100,000-added CITGO Distaff Turf Mile (gr. IIIT) for fillies and mares.
Most Popular Stories
- Big Three Clash in Rich Travers Stakes
- Close Hatches Dominates Personal Ensign
- California Chrome Sharpens Up at Los Alamitos
- Mark Valeski, Magna Graduate to Woodford
- Bayern Gallops 1 1/2 Miles On Eve of Travers
- Chrome Set for Pennsylvania Derby Return
- Hootenanny, The Wow Signal to Meet in France
- Irish Surf Opts for Classic Over Del Mar 'Cap
- Jerkens, Lukas, Durkin Honored at Saratoga
- Pedigree Analysis: Bayern