Ghazi, a grade I winner and the sire of 19 stakes winners, was euthanized Nov. 3 because of cancer.
Grade I winner Ghazi, the leading sire in Minnesota this year by progeny earnings, has been bought by Eugene and Rita Boehlke for stallion duty at their Boehlke Farm near Waverly, Minn.
Grade I winner Ghazi, sire of 10 stakes winners, will be relocated to Buck and Karen Wheeler's Oak Tree Farms near Ellendale, Minn.
Most Popular Stories
- Rachel's Valentina Returns in Mother Goose
- Borells Charged With Animal Cruelty
- As Borell Released, Cruelty Laws Questioned
- Top Caribbean Race to Be Held at Gulfstream
- The Paralyzed Jockey Who's Still in the Race
- Wake Forest Heads United Nations
- Tuttipaesi Chases Graded Repeat
- Probe Into Abandoned Horses Continues
- Relief Comes to Abandoned Horses in Kentucky
- NM Will Suspend Horses Who Fail Drug Tests