Ghazi, a grade I winner and the sire of 19 stakes winners, was euthanized Nov. 3 because of cancer.
Grade I winner Ghazi, the leading sire in Minnesota this year by progeny earnings, has been bought by Eugene and Rita Boehlke for stallion duty at their Boehlke Farm near Waverly, Minn.
Grade I winner Ghazi, sire of 10 stakes winners, will be relocated to Buck and Karen Wheeler's Oak Tree Farms near Ellendale, Minn.
Most Popular Stories
- Large Crowd Watches American Pharoah Gallop
- More Than Just a Name for Run for Retts
- Team Texas Red Partners With TV Star
- Badilla Earns Emotional Win at Golden Gate
- Shadwell Sire Bahri Pensioned in England
- American Pharoah Takes Easy Gallop at Spa
- Champion Divine Fortune Dies After Fall
- Lubash Takes West Point for Second Time
- NBC Schedules Two-Hour Travers Broadcast
- Belmont Winner Palace Malice Retired