The California Horse Racing Board must pay former steward Pamela Berg $400,000 in an out-of-court settlement of a 2009 lawsuit she filed against the agency alleging discrimination and harassment based on age and gender.
Ridgewood Ranch, the historic Northern California home of the legendary Seabiscuit and his owner, Charles Howard, will conduct a special tour for the general public Sept. 15 with proceeds to benefit Geva, Inc., a Thoroughbred rescue foundation located in Sonoma County, Calif.
Golden Gate Fields will salute Lost in the Fog, the champion sprinter who lost his battle with cancer, on Sept. 30.
The Glen Ellen Vocational Academy, which provides a home for retired and rehabilitating racehorses in Sonoma County, Calif., is holding its annual stallion auction.
Most Popular Stories
- Competitive Edge Super Sharp in Hopeful Romp
- Filly First Winner for Sire Elusive Warning
- Breeder, Businessman Garvin Dies at Age 71
- Condo Commando 'Splash-tastic' in Spinaway
- Midnight Storm Shakes Up Del Mar Derby
- Wise Dan Victorious in Bernard Baruch Return
- Longshots on Saratoga's Closing Day
- Itsmyluckyday Unlikely to Return in Gold Cup
- Wise Dan Passes Return Test in Flying Colors
- Stonestreet Has Star in Making in Atreides