The California Horse Racing Board must pay former steward Pamela Berg $400,000 in an out-of-court settlement of a 2009 lawsuit she filed against the agency alleging discrimination and harassment based on age and gender.
Ridgewood Ranch, the historic Northern California home of the legendary Seabiscuit and his owner, Charles Howard, will conduct a special tour for the general public Sept. 15 with proceeds to benefit Geva, Inc., a Thoroughbred rescue foundation located in Sonoma County, Calif.
Golden Gate Fields will salute Lost in the Fog, the champion sprinter who lost his battle with cancer, on Sept. 30.
The Glen Ellen Vocational Academy, which provides a home for retired and rehabilitating racehorses in Sonoma County, Calif., is holding its annual stallion auction.
Most Popular Stories
- Girvin Upsets Risen Star Stakes
- Dortmund Could Return in Triple Bend
- Irish War Cry Ticks All the Boxes in Five-Furlong Work
- Farrell Vaults to Top of Kentucky Oaks Leaderboard
- Winx Soars to Fifteenth Straight Win
- Broken Pelvis Cause of Charismatic's Death
- Yorkiepoo Princess Scores Again at Aqueduct
- Unified Edges Mind Your Biscuits in GP Sprint
- Horse of the Year Charismatic Dies
- Veteran Kentucky-Based Hot Walker Roche Dies at 91