The California Horse Racing Board must pay former steward Pamela Berg $400,000 in an out-of-court settlement of a 2009 lawsuit she filed against the agency alleging discrimination and harassment based on age and gender.
Ridgewood Ranch, the historic Northern California home of the legendary Seabiscuit and his owner, Charles Howard, will conduct a special tour for the general public Sept. 15 with proceeds to benefit Geva, Inc., a Thoroughbred rescue foundation located in Sonoma County, Calif.
Golden Gate Fields will salute Lost in the Fog, the champion sprinter who lost his battle with cancer, on Sept. 30.
The Glen Ellen Vocational Academy, which provides a home for retired and rehabilitating racehorses in Sonoma County, Calif., is holding its annual stallion auction.
Most Popular Stories
- Sharp: Girvin Still on Track for Kentucky Derby
- Saez to Ride J Boys Echo in Kentucky Derby
- Look Back: Justakiss, Ole Liz Win Divisions of Bewitch
- Syndergaard to Make 2017 Debut in William Walker
- Stewart to Train, Manage Latest Churchill Racing Club
- Derby, Oaks Notes From Churchill Downs, April 26
- High-Profile Owners Team Up to Buy Expensive Colt
- Multiple Grade 1 Winner I'm a Chatterbox Retired
- Private Zone Retired to Old Friends
- Steve Haskin's Derby Dozen - April 25, 2017