The California Horse Racing Board must pay former steward Pamela Berg $400,000 in an out-of-court settlement of a 2009 lawsuit she filed against the agency alleging discrimination and harassment based on age and gender.
Ridgewood Ranch, the historic Northern California home of the legendary Seabiscuit and his owner, Charles Howard, will conduct a special tour for the general public Sept. 15 with proceeds to benefit Geva, Inc., a Thoroughbred rescue foundation located in Sonoma County, Calif.
Golden Gate Fields will salute Lost in the Fog, the champion sprinter who lost his battle with cancer, on Sept. 30.
The Glen Ellen Vocational Academy, which provides a home for retired and rehabilitating racehorses in Sonoma County, Calif., is holding its annual stallion auction.
Most Popular Stories
- Jockey Rosie Napravnik Announces Retirement
- Weanling Daughter of Champion Zenyatta Dies
- Untapable Powers to Breeders' Cup Distaff Win
- Tapit Shatters Single-Season Earnings Mark
- Goldencents Posts Repeat in Dirt Mile
- Bob Neumeier Hospitalized After a Stroke
- Hootenanny Rallies to Win Juvenile Turf
- Lady Eli Sharp in Juvenile Fillies Turf
- Longform: Long Live the Queen
- Chitu Makes Quick Work of Damascus Rivals