The California Horse Racing Board must pay former steward Pamela Berg $400,000 in an out-of-court settlement of a 2009 lawsuit she filed against the agency alleging discrimination and harassment based on age and gender.
Ridgewood Ranch, the historic Northern California home of the legendary Seabiscuit and his owner, Charles Howard, will conduct a special tour for the general public Sept. 15 with proceeds to benefit Geva, Inc., a Thoroughbred rescue foundation located in Sonoma County, Calif.
Golden Gate Fields will salute Lost in the Fog, the champion sprinter who lost his battle with cancer, on Sept. 30.
The Glen Ellen Vocational Academy, which provides a home for retired and rehabilitating racehorses in Sonoma County, Calif., is holding its annual stallion auction.
Most Popular Stories
- Annals of Time Surges to Win Hollywood Derby
- California Chrome Logs Work for 'Challenge'
- Arrogate-'Chrome' Match Race in Pegasus?
- Changing Schedules Impacted Wood, Blue Grass
- Departing Retired to Claiborne Farm
- Vale Dori Impressive in Bayakoa Victory
- Half Dome Dude Sets Remington Track Record
- Blue Grass, Wood Memorial Downgraded
- Sandford, Owner of Take Charge Indy, Dies
- Highway Star Wins Go for Wand by a Nose