The New York Racing Association violated state law for its no-bid contract with a politically connected law firm, a New York state investigation has found.
A former U.S. Attorney for the Western District of New York, Denise O'Donnell, has joined the Empire Racing team to help create a comprehensive racing and corporate integrity plan that will be a "covenant of trust and confidence" with racing fans and the public.
The New York comptroller has called on the Ad Hoc Committee on the Future of Racing in New York to supplement its request for proposals for Thoroughbred racing franchise-holders to require respondents to specifically address initiatives intended to ensure the integrity of racing and wagering recommended in 2005 by court-appointed federal monitor Getnick & Getnick.
The firm Getnick & Getnick, the federal monitor overseeing the operating procedures of the New York Racing Association (NYRA), has delayed submitting a report of their findings to the United States Attorney's office, which will turn over the report to Judge Arthur Spatt, the federal judge overseeing the matter.
- By Tom Precious
The court-appointed monitor that oversees New York Racing Association operations has moved into NYRA racetracks and conducted briefing sessions with everyone from board members to hot walkers.
- By Tom Precious
A Manhattan law firm with broad investigative experience has been named by a federal judge to oversee the finances and operations of the New York Racing Association to ensure it is in compliance with an oversight process ordered last year by the U.S. Attorney's office.
Most Popular Stories
- Borells Charged With Animal Cruelty
- Danzing Candy to Make First Start for Baffert
- Relief Comes to Abandoned Horses in Kentucky
- Rachel's Valentina Returns in Mother Goose
- White-Headed Foal Named Southern Phantom
- Legends: Charlie Whittingham, the Bald Eagle
- Kentucky Neglect Case Under Investigation
- Limousine Liberal Seeks Graded Score in Smile
- Recruiting Ready Signs on for Bashford Manor
- Evangeline Downs Hosts LA Legends Night