Florida-based sire Get Rich Quick saw his first winner Sept. 4, when his first starter, Set and Go, won a maiden claiming race for 2-year-olds at Gulfstream Park.
Graded stakes-placed Get Rich Quick will enter stud this year at Guillermo Morales' Coco Ranch near Anthony, Fla.
Get Rich Quick, a stakes-winning son of Seeking the Gold sold as a stallion prospect, and a weanling colt by Ready's Image each brought $37,000 to top the 12th session of Keeneland's November breeding stock sale.
10 older horses will line up in Saturday's Fair Grounds Handicap (gr. III), headed by recent winners Acting Zippy and Blues Street.
James Spence's El Caballo shook off a more than seven-month layoff to earn his first stakes victory, as he rolled to an easy 3 1/4-length win in the $100,000 Colonel E.R. Bradley Handicap (gr. IIIT) Jan. 23 at Fair Grounds.
Jockey Luis Quinonez registered back-to-back stakes wins at Remington Park Sept. 7 with Going Ballistic in the Governor's Handicap and Tizfiz in the Edward J. DeBartolo Memorial.
Most Popular Stories
- Racing's Stars Set for Santa Anita Saturday
- Pinhooking Rookie Scores Big at Keeneland
- Texas Chrome Pointing to Dirt Mile
- Eddie D. Stakes Split Into Divisions
- Team Block relocating Fort Prado to Indiana
- Amid Gloomy Forecast, Illinois Sets Dates
- California Chrome Arrives at Santa Anita
- Broadcast Honors for Santa Anita, NYRA
- Goffs Orby Off to Solid Start
- NBC Will Air Pegasus World Cup