Florida-based sire Get Rich Quick saw his first winner Sept. 4, when his first starter, Set and Go, won a maiden claiming race for 2-year-olds at Gulfstream Park.
Graded stakes-placed Get Rich Quick will enter stud this year at Guillermo Morales' Coco Ranch near Anthony, Fla.
Get Rich Quick, a stakes-winning son of Seeking the Gold sold as a stallion prospect, and a weanling colt by Ready's Image each brought $37,000 to top the 12th session of Keeneland's November breeding stock sale.
10 older horses will line up in Saturday's Fair Grounds Handicap (gr. III), headed by recent winners Acting Zippy and Blues Street.
James Spence's El Caballo shook off a more than seven-month layoff to earn his first stakes victory, as he rolled to an easy 3 1/4-length win in the $100,000 Colonel E.R. Bradley Handicap (gr. IIIT) Jan. 23 at Fair Grounds.
Jockey Luis Quinonez registered back-to-back stakes wins at Remington Park Sept. 7 with Going Ballistic in the Governor's Handicap and Tizfiz in the Edward J. DeBartolo Memorial.
Most Popular Stories
- A Look Back at Gallant Fox's Arlington Classic
- Lady Eli Brings Her Class to Gamely
- Midnight Storm Seeks Grade 1 Dirt Win in Gold Cup
- Leslie's Lady in Foal to American Pharoah
- CHRB Discusses Creating Single California Circuit
- Classic Empire to Coolmore on Retirement
- Asmussen Earns $50,000 Preakness Weekend Bonus
- The Greatest Performance No One Has Seen
- Enola Gray, Illuminant Look Strong in Monrovia Field
- Curlin Colt Sets Midlantic Record at $1.5 Million