Stakes-winning Get Ready Bertie, in foal to Majestic Warrior, sold for $170,000 to headline the Nov. 15 session of the Keeneland November breeding stock sale.
Heiligbrodt Racing Stable's favored Appealing Zophie, a grade I winner, turned away an erratic Total in the stretch to run away with Saturday's $200,000 Silverbulletday Stakes (gr. III) for 3-year-old fillies at Fair Grounds.
Tiffany Lass Stakes winner Get Ready Bertie is the 9-5 morning line favorite in the $200,000 Silverbulletday Stakes (gr. III) for 3-year-old fillies Saturday at Fair Grounds.
Get Ready Bertie stamped herself as another filly of Oaks quality with an impressive two-length tally in Saturday's $100,000 Tiffany Lass Stakes for 3-year-old fillies at Fair Grounds Race Course.
While the $100,000 Lecomte Stakes (gr. III) for 3-year-olds serves as the featured attraction Saturday at Fair Grounds Race Course, four other $100,000 stakes, all with deep fields, are part of the 11-race card.
Hall of Fame trainer Shug McGaughey made an ambitious move on Saturday afternoon when he ran Phipps Stable's homebred Boca Grande in Aqueduct's 85th running of the grade II, $200,000 Demoiselle for 2-year-old fillies at nine furlongs. Boca Grande took the inside path home and won by nearly four lengths to signal what may be the start of a big career.
Most Popular Stories
- Sharp: Girvin Still on Track for Kentucky Derby
- Saez to Ride J Boys Echo in Kentucky Derby
- Stewart to Train, Manage Latest Churchill Racing Club
- Syndergaard to Make 2017 Debut in William Walker
- Derby, Oaks Notes From Churchill Downs, April 26
- High-Profile Owners Team Up to Buy Expensive Colt
- Medaglia d'Oro Colt New OBS Sale Topper
- Multiple Grade 1 Winner I'm a Chatterbox Retired
- Private Zone Retired to Old Friends
- Steve Haskin's Derby Dozen - April 25, 2017