Gestut Schlenderhan's Ivanhowe delivered a stunning first defeat to star colt Sea The Moon in the Grosser Preis von Baden (Ger-I) Sept. 7 at Baden-Baden.
A colt from the final crop of deceased sire Monsun topped the BBAG yearling sale Sept. 2 in Baden-Baden, Germany.
Tiger Hill, a two-time German champion and prominent stallion, was euthanized Sept. 27 after fracturing a leg in his paddock at Gestut Fahrhof in Germany.
Monsun, whose 108 stakes winners include champion and John Deere Breeders' Cup Turf (gr. IT) winner Shirocco and 2011 Eclipse Award winner Stacelita, has been euthanized.
Wiener Walzer upset his favored stablemate Suestado and gave the storied breeding farm Gestut Schlenderhan its 18th victory in the Deutsches Derby (Ger-I) at Hamburg July 5.
Karin Baroness von Ullmann, a prominent German breeder/owner, died June 1 in Cologne.
Iota's four-length win over the pacesetter North Queen in Sunday's Pries der Diana (Ger-I), or German Oaks, gave trainer Peter Schiergen a one-two finish at Hamburg.
Trainer Andreas Schultz won Hamburg's German Oaks (Ger-I) for the third time in a row Sunday when Amarette, making just her third career start, held off America-bound La Ina and Saldentigerin in a driving finish.
Trainer Michael Dickinson reports that Soto, winner of $600,000 West Virginia Derby (gr. III) in his last start on Aug. 9, will make his next start in the $500,000 Super Derby (gr. II) at Louisiana Downs. The 24th running of the nine-furlong Super Derby will be on Sept. 20.
Most Popular Stories
- Hoppertunity Gets Churchill Score in Clark
- Take Charge Brandi, Mr. Z to Los Alamitos
- Classic Point Ekes Out Go for Wand Victory
- Sea The Stars Colt Leads Tattersalls Session
- Judge Rules Veitch Improperly Dismissed
- Cigar Mile As 'Stallion Maker'
- Stryker Phd Faces Everton in Berkeley 'Cap
- Chris' Brew, Galina Point Top Woodbine Stakes
- Preparing for Breeding Season
- After Gallop, California Chrome Ready to Go