Gestut Schlenderhan's Ivanhowe delivered a stunning first defeat to star colt Sea The Moon in the Grosser Preis von Baden (Ger-I) Sept. 7 at Baden-Baden.
A colt from the final crop of deceased sire Monsun topped the BBAG yearling sale Sept. 2 in Baden-Baden, Germany.
Tiger Hill, a two-time German champion and prominent stallion, was euthanized Sept. 27 after fracturing a leg in his paddock at Gestut Fahrhof in Germany.
Monsun, whose 108 stakes winners include champion and John Deere Breeders' Cup Turf (gr. IT) winner Shirocco and 2011 Eclipse Award winner Stacelita, has been euthanized.
Wiener Walzer upset his favored stablemate Suestado and gave the storied breeding farm Gestut Schlenderhan its 18th victory in the Deutsches Derby (Ger-I) at Hamburg July 5.
Karin Baroness von Ullmann, a prominent German breeder/owner, died June 1 in Cologne.
Iota's four-length win over the pacesetter North Queen in Sunday's Pries der Diana (Ger-I), or German Oaks, gave trainer Peter Schiergen a one-two finish at Hamburg.
Trainer Andreas Schultz won Hamburg's German Oaks (Ger-I) for the third time in a row Sunday when Amarette, making just her third career start, held off America-bound La Ina and Saldentigerin in a driving finish.
Trainer Michael Dickinson reports that Soto, winner of $600,000 West Virginia Derby (gr. III) in his last start on Aug. 9, will make his next start in the $500,000 Super Derby (gr. II) at Louisiana Downs. The 24th running of the nine-furlong Super Derby will be on Sept. 20.
Most Popular Stories
- The Day After: No Regrets From Team 'Pharoah'
- Keen Ice Tired After Travers, 'Classic' Ahead
- Keen Ice Springs Travers Upset on 'Pharoah'
- Stellar Wind Dominant in Torrey Pines
- Valid Bounds Away to Iselin Victory
- Navarro Mulling BC Dirt Mile for Private Zone
- Runhappy Romps to Record King's Bishop Score
- NY Fan Forum: Improve Customer Service
- Smokey the Pony Reining at Saratoga
- Site Read Favored in With Anticipation