Lucky Speed saved all for the stretch run, surging from off the pace to collar Panama Hat in deep stretch and capture the $350,000 American St. Leger (gr. IIIT) Aug. 15 at Arlington International Racecourse.
Leading German sire Lando was euthanized Aug. 20. The son of Acatenango had undergone successful surgery following a severe bout of colic, but suffered a spiral fracture in a leg upon rising and had to be put down. He was 23.
Leading German sire Lando, whose son Epalo ran second in the recent Man o' War Stakes (gr. IT) at Belmont Park, will stand at Haras d'Etreham.
Most Popular Stories
- Catch a Glimpse in Good Order After Nassau Scare
- Cupid Returns From Layoff to Win Gold Cup
- Lady Eli Digs in to Win Gamely
- Always Dreaming Officially Ruled Out of Belmont Stakes
- Rubilinda Impresses as Frankel’s First US Winner
- Starship Jubilee Much the Best in Nassau Stakes
- Tapwrit Works Toward Belmont; True Timber Confirmed
- Werther Goes the Distance in Hong Kong
- Irish War Cry Returns to Worktab; Belmont Run Possible
- Churchill Completes Rare Guineas Double