Sea The Moon, 11-length winner of the Deutsches Derby (Ger-I) to cap a four-race unbeaten streak, was announced as Germany's Horse of the Year of 2014 during a ceremony at Hoppegarten racecourse April 5, Racing Post reports.
Sea The Moon, a stunning open lengths victor in the July 6 German Derby (Ger-I), has been retired from racing because of an injury.
Runaway German Derby (Ger-I) winner Sea The Moon is the hot favorite of the Grosser Preis von Baden (Ger-I), and he will have a new rider aboard when he takes on older runners for the first time Sept. 7 at Baden-Baden.
Nine-year-old veteran Musketier sat a perfect trip under Luis Saez and held off a late run from a pair of rivals to notch the sixth group/graded stakes score of his career in the $150,000 W. L. McKnight Handicap (gr. IIT).
Musketier, given a confident ride by John Velazquez, hooked up with Grassy in the final furlong to prevail by a neck for his second win in the $152,984 Singspiel Stakes (Can-IIIT) June 26 at Woodbine.
Nine-year-old Musketier defended his title in the $150,000 Elkhorn, as he rallied from off the pace to score by 1 1/4 lengths in the closing day feature April 29 at Keeneland.
Eight-year-old Musketier showed no signs of rust coming back from a more than six-month layoff, as he took over approaching the stretch and bounded home for a win in the Elkhorn Stakes (gr. IIT) on closing day at Keeneland.
German champion Greek Dance, by Sadler's Wells, has been retired and will enter stud at Gestut Gorlsdorf in Germany.
Most Popular Stories
- Blue Grass, Wood Memorial Downgraded
- Doctor J Dub Breakthrough Horse for Antonucci
- Arrogate Returns to Work Tab
- Arrogate-'Chrome' Match Race in Pegasus?
- Ellis Historical Racing to Exacta Systems
- Anchor Down Retired to Gainesway
- Motion Hopes to Stay Hot in Matriarch
- V. E. Day Retired to Waldorf Farm
- Cathryn Sophia to Pioneerof the Nile in 2017
- 4 Kentucky Derby Contenders to Watch