Sea The Moon, 11-length winner of the Deutsches Derby (Ger-I) to cap a four-race unbeaten streak, was announced as Germany's Horse of the Year of 2014 during a ceremony at Hoppegarten racecourse April 5, Racing Post reports.
Sea The Moon, a stunning open lengths victor in the July 6 German Derby (Ger-I), has been retired from racing because of an injury.
Runaway German Derby (Ger-I) winner Sea The Moon is the hot favorite of the Grosser Preis von Baden (Ger-I), and he will have a new rider aboard when he takes on older runners for the first time Sept. 7 at Baden-Baden.
Nine-year-old veteran Musketier sat a perfect trip under Luis Saez and held off a late run from a pair of rivals to notch the sixth group/graded stakes score of his career in the $150,000 W. L. McKnight Handicap (gr. IIT).
Musketier, given a confident ride by John Velazquez, hooked up with Grassy in the final furlong to prevail by a neck for his second win in the $152,984 Singspiel Stakes (Can-IIIT) June 26 at Woodbine.
Nine-year-old Musketier defended his title in the $150,000 Elkhorn, as he rallied from off the pace to score by 1 1/4 lengths in the closing day feature April 29 at Keeneland.
Eight-year-old Musketier showed no signs of rust coming back from a more than six-month layoff, as he took over approaching the stretch and bounded home for a win in the Elkhorn Stakes (gr. IIT) on closing day at Keeneland.
German champion Greek Dance, by Sadler's Wells, has been retired and will enter stud at Gestut Gorlsdorf in Germany.
Most Popular Stories
- Songbird Untouchable in Cotillion
- Connect Bounces Back in Pennsylvania Derby
- California Chrome Arrives at Santa Anita
- Ward: Scope Shows Lady Aurelia Bled
- Runhappy Logs Final Drill for Return
- Miyadi Suspended by CHRB After Altercation
- Miyadi Arrested After Altercation With Solis
- 'Chrome' Logs Final Work for Awesome Again
- Accelerate Finds Just Enough in Los Al Derby
- Nightflower Takes Second Europa