Nine-year-old veteran Musketier sat a perfect trip under Luis Saez and held off a late run from a pair of rivals to notch the sixth group/graded stakes score of his career in the $150,000 W. L. McKnight Handicap (gr. IIT).
Musketier, given a confident ride by John Velazquez, hooked up with Grassy in the final furlong to prevail by a neck for his second win in the $152,984 Singspiel Stakes (Can-IIIT) June 26 at Woodbine.
Nine-year-old Musketier defended his title in the $150,000 Elkhorn, as he rallied from off the pace to score by 1 1/4 lengths in the closing day feature April 29 at Keeneland.
Eight-year-old Musketier showed no signs of rust coming back from a more than six-month layoff, as he took over approaching the stretch and bounded home for a win in the Elkhorn Stakes (gr. IIT) on closing day at Keeneland.
German champion Greek Dance, by Sadler's Wells, has been retired and will enter stud at Gestut Gorlsdorf in Germany.
Most Popular Stories
- Shared Belief Favored in Pacific Classic
- Tapestry Upsets Taghrooda in Yorkshire Oaks
- TVG to Have Enhanced Pacific Classic Coverage
- Compound Pharmacy Has Reinforced Standards
- Champion Benny the Bull to Bridlewood in 2015
- Vergara Wins Inaugural Apprentice Competition
- Maryland THA Elects 15 Directors
- Handicapping a Fantastic Travers Day
- Second Sporting Art Auction in November
- Travers Favorite Bayern Arrives at Saratoga