Nine-year-old veteran Musketier sat a perfect trip under Luis Saez and held off a late run from a pair of rivals to notch the sixth group/graded stakes score of his career in the $150,000 W. L. McKnight Handicap (gr. IIT).
Musketier, given a confident ride by John Velazquez, hooked up with Grassy in the final furlong to prevail by a neck for his second win in the $152,984 Singspiel Stakes (Can-IIIT) June 26 at Woodbine.
Nine-year-old Musketier defended his title in the $150,000 Elkhorn, as he rallied from off the pace to score by 1 1/4 lengths in the closing day feature April 29 at Keeneland.
Eight-year-old Musketier showed no signs of rust coming back from a more than six-month layoff, as he took over approaching the stretch and bounded home for a win in the Elkhorn Stakes (gr. IIT) on closing day at Keeneland.
German champion Greek Dance, by Sadler's Wells, has been retired and will enter stud at Gestut Gorlsdorf in Germany.
Most Popular Stories
- City Wolf Joins Roster at Pleasant Acres
- Ken Ramsey on Kitten's Joy
- King Kamehameha Son Dominates in Hong Kong
- TimeformUS: The Hollywood Park Swan Song
- Free Mammography Screening at Turfway Dec. 27
- Ritvo to Receive Lou Smith Memorial Award
- Cibelli Wins Her First Race After 60-Day Ban
- No Deal Yet on Will Take Charge, Horton Says
- That Handicapping Show: Dania Beach Stakes
- Grade I Winner Mission Approved Retired