Tiger Hill, a two-time German champion and prominent stallion, was euthanized Sept. 27 after fracturing a leg in his paddock at Gestut Fahrhof in Germany.
German stallion Lomitas, sire of North American grade I winner Silvano, has been euthanized because of health reasons.
Dismissed at odds of 18-1, Querari was a determined winner of the Premio Presidente della Repubblica GBI Racing (Ity-I) at Capannelle May 16.
Lomitas, a German Horse of the Year who stood the last five breeding seasons at Sheikh Mohammed's Dalham Hall Stud near Newmarket, England, has been returned to Gestut Fahrhof in Germany.
Germany's outstanding sire Acatenango, a three-time German Horse of the Year, died April 2 at the age of 23 after an accident in his paddock.
Acatenango, a two-time German Horse of the Year and sire of such accomplished international runners as Lando and Borgia, has been pensioned from stud duty at Gestut Fahrhof.
Lomitas, whose son Silvano won this year's Arlington Million Stakes (gr. IT), will relocate to Sheikh Mohammed's Dalham Hall Stud near Newmarket, England, from Gestut Fahrhof in Germany.
Most Popular Stories
- White Filly Beautiful Devil Carries Tradition
- Optimism High for Fasig-Tipton July Yearlings
- Keeneland Alters September Sale Format
- Kentucky Horsewoman Graves Dies at 61
- American Pharoah 'Just Cruising' in Workout
- Speedy Grade III Winner Chitu Retired
- ABR Releases Another Digital Video Ad
- Two 'Super Saturdays' for Belmont Fall Meet
- New York Coupled Entry Rules Modified
- BC Nomination Discount for HRA Ends July 15