Tiger Hill, a two-time German champion and prominent stallion, was euthanized Sept. 27 after fracturing a leg in his paddock at Gestut Fahrhof in Germany.
German stallion Lomitas, sire of North American grade I winner Silvano, has been euthanized because of health reasons.
Dismissed at odds of 18-1, Querari was a determined winner of the Premio Presidente della Repubblica GBI Racing (Ity-I) at Capannelle May 16.
Lomitas, a German Horse of the Year who stood the last five breeding seasons at Sheikh Mohammed's Dalham Hall Stud near Newmarket, England, has been returned to Gestut Fahrhof in Germany.
Germany's outstanding sire Acatenango, a three-time German Horse of the Year, died April 2 at the age of 23 after an accident in his paddock.
Acatenango, a two-time German Horse of the Year and sire of such accomplished international runners as Lando and Borgia, has been pensioned from stud duty at Gestut Fahrhof.
Lomitas, whose son Silvano won this year's Arlington Million Stakes (gr. IT), will relocate to Sheikh Mohammed's Dalham Hall Stud near Newmarket, England, from Gestut Fahrhof in Germany.
Most Popular Stories
- 2015 Dates Conflict at Two Kentucky Tracks
- Alcibiades Kicks Off Return to Keeneland Dirt
- Tracks Find Human Touch Key With New Apps
- Big Brown Colt Tops Magic Millions 2YO Sale
- Hong Kong Sprinter to Have U.S. Prep for BC
- Grade III Winner Fiftyshadesofgold Retired
- Added-Gaming Funds More Than Third of Purses
- Keeneland Secures Seventh Simulcast Award
- Stopchargingmaria Will Be Offered at F-T Sale
- Galileo Colt Leads Strong Goffs Orby Session