Tiger Hill, a two-time German champion and prominent stallion, was euthanized Sept. 27 after fracturing a leg in his paddock at Gestut Fahrhof in Germany.
German stallion Lomitas, sire of North American grade I winner Silvano, has been euthanized because of health reasons.
Dismissed at odds of 18-1, Querari was a determined winner of the Premio Presidente della Repubblica GBI Racing (Ity-I) at Capannelle May 16.
Lomitas, a German Horse of the Year who stood the last five breeding seasons at Sheikh Mohammed's Dalham Hall Stud near Newmarket, England, has been returned to Gestut Fahrhof in Germany.
Germany's outstanding sire Acatenango, a three-time German Horse of the Year, died April 2 at the age of 23 after an accident in his paddock.
Acatenango, a two-time German Horse of the Year and sire of such accomplished international runners as Lando and Borgia, has been pensioned from stud duty at Gestut Fahrhof.
Lomitas, whose son Silvano won this year's Arlington Million Stakes (gr. IT), will relocate to Sheikh Mohammed's Dalham Hall Stud near Newmarket, England, from Gestut Fahrhof in Germany.
Most Popular Stories
- Final Call for Taylors of Seattle Slew Fame
- NY Investigation of Asmussen Case Completed
- NYRA Unveils 10-Race Claiming Series
- New York Sanctions Mott for Drug Overages
- National HBPA Sets Convention Agenda
- Racing Investigators to Meet in NJ in March
- 'Chrome' Set for San Antonio, Bayern Doubtful
- Main Sequence Works at Palm Meadows
- TCA to Present Awards of Merit
- 74-Year-Old Horseplayer Wins 2015 NHC Title