Feodora went from maiden to classic winner when capturing the Henkel-Preis der Diana-Deutsches Stuten-Derby (Ger-I, German Oaks) Aug. 3 at Dusseldorf.
A Galileo filly named Peace of Love commanded 600,000 guineas ($973,111 in U.S. funds) to top the second session of the Book 1 portion of the Tattersalls October yearling sale.
Six older fillies and mares are matched in Keeneland's Wednesday feature, the 1 1/2-mile, $100,000 Bewitch Stakes (gr. IIIT). The Patrick Biancone-trained Angara won last year's event, spring-boarding off an explosive allowance win to open the meet. The conditioner looks to repeat the tactic with Louve Royale, a driving April 9 allowance winner over the course.
Most Popular Stories
- 'Brandi' Makes Martha Washington Interesting
- Ocean Knight Undefeated in Sam F. Davis
- Early Nominees to Triple Crown Races Increase
- Far Right Works, Confirmed for Southwest
- Futura Powerful J&B Met Winner at Kenilworth
- Complete List of Triple Crown Nominees
- Testa Rossi Gets Endeavour Victory on DQ
- Aqueduct Cancels Racing for Saturday, Jan. 31
- Leave the Light On Off Derby Trail
- The Legacy of Gone West