Heinz Weil, founder of the successful German stud Gestut Etzean, has died at the age of 88, Racing Post reports.
Feodora went from maiden to classic winner when capturing the Henkel-Preis der Diana-Deutsches Stuten-Derby (Ger-I, German Oaks) Aug. 3 at Dusseldorf.
A Galileo filly named Peace of Love commanded 600,000 guineas ($973,111 in U.S. funds) to top the second session of the Book 1 portion of the Tattersalls October yearling sale.
Six older fillies and mares are matched in Keeneland's Wednesday feature, the 1 1/2-mile, $100,000 Bewitch Stakes (gr. IIIT). The Patrick Biancone-trained Angara won last year's event, spring-boarding off an explosive allowance win to open the meet. The conditioner looks to repeat the tactic with Louve Royale, a driving April 9 allowance winner over the course.
Most Popular Stories
- Arrogate Last to First in Dubai World Cup
- Fear the Cowboy Takes Skip Away in Late Drive
- Fast and Accurate Scores Spiral Upset
- Mind Your Biscuits Rises to Occasion in Golden Shaheen
- Thunder Snow Gets Up in UAE Derby
- I Thought I had Seen it All
- Fields Set for Louisiana Derby, Fair Grounds Oaks
- Irish War Cry Works With Wood Memorial Bid Likely
- Second Summer Catches Sharp Azteca in Godolphin Mile
- Gunnevera Leads Busy Sophomore Work Slate