Baltic Baroness, a 22-1 longshot, handed Pomology her first defeat Sept. 14 in winning the Prix Vermeille (Fr-I) by a short head at Longchamp. Defending Arc winner Treve was fourth as the even-money choice.
Golden Lilac withstood the challenge of favorite Cirrus des Aigles to win the Prix d'Ispahan (Fr-I) by a half-length at Longchamp May 27.
Borgia, a globetrotting German-bred champion filly who specialized in long distance racing, died March 29. The daughter of Acatenango out of the Tarim mare Britannia was 18.
Golden Lilac withstood the late charge of Galikova to capture the Prix de Diane-Longines (Fr-I) at Chantilly June 12.
Golden Lilac maintained her perfect record with a dominating performance in the Poule d'Essai des Pouliches (French One Thousand Guineas, Fr-I) at Longchamp May 15.
Lope De Vega made it a French classic double by romping to an easy three-length victory in the Prix du Jockey Club (Fr-I) at Chantilly June 6.
Lope De Vega provided legendary trainer Andre Fabre with his fifth victory in the Poule d'Essai des Poulains (Fr-I) when he held off Dick Turpin to take the French classic by a half-length May 16.
Most Popular Stories
- Promising Mastery Heads Los Al Futurity Field
- End of Road for ‘Claiming Rule’ Challenge
- Del Mar to Pay Out Consolations for Pick 6
- Woolf Award Finalists Announced
- Lukas Drops by to See Old Friend Charismatic
- Casse Mulls Derby Path for Classic Empire
- Thoroughbred Makeover Accepting Applications
- Bowman Wins Hong Kong Jockey Championship
- Greatbullsoffire Tops Futurity
- Castellano Aims for More Gulfstream Success