Golden Lilac withstood the challenge of favorite Cirrus des Aigles to win the Prix d'Ispahan (Fr-I) by a half-length at Longchamp May 27.
Borgia, a globetrotting German-bred champion filly who specialized in long distance racing, died March 29. The daughter of Acatenango out of the Tarim mare Britannia was 18.
Golden Lilac withstood the late charge of Galikova to capture the Prix de Diane-Longines (Fr-I) at Chantilly June 12.
Golden Lilac maintained her perfect record with a dominating performance in the Poule d'Essai des Pouliches (French One Thousand Guineas, Fr-I) at Longchamp May 15.
Lope De Vega made it a French classic double by romping to an easy three-length victory in the Prix du Jockey Club (Fr-I) at Chantilly June 6.
Lope De Vega provided legendary trainer Andre Fabre with his fifth victory in the Poule d'Essai des Poulains (Fr-I) when he held off Dick Turpin to take the French classic by a half-length May 16.
Most Popular Stories
- ThistleDown Racino Meet to Begin April 19
- Tapiture Takes On Rebel Invaders and Old Foes
- Downey Profile: Improvement Mandated in Rebel
- Social Inclusion Spoils Honor Code's Return
- Study Links Cell Damage to Corticosteroids
- Azeri: Don't Tell Sophia Faces Close Hatches
- Steve Haskin's Derby Dozen 3/10/2014
- New Standards May Be Imposed on NY Stewards
- Iotapa Heads Tough Lineup in Santa Margarita
- Sign Runs Last in Return from Lengthy Layoff