The 2010 Melbourne Cup (Aus-I) winner Americain will commence his stud career at Calumet Farm, it was announced Nov. 22.
Americain, winner of the 2010 Emirates Melbourne Cup (Aus-I) and recently retired from racing, will stand the Northern Hemisphere breeding season in Kentucky in 2013.
A competitive field of 24 is set for the Emirates Melbourne Cup (Aus-I), including the event's two most recent winners, French stayers Americain and Dunaden, who will square off in Australia's greatest race Nov. 6.
Most Popular Stories
- Stormin Fever Euthanized at 23
- Undefeated Caravaggio Shines in Commonwealth Cup
- Casse Duo Set for Queen's Plate Run
- Neolithic Back Galloping After Respiratory Illness
- Untrapped Aims for First Stakes win in Ohio Derby
- Kitasan Black Faces 10 in Takarazuka Kinen
- Litfin at Large: Class Horses Figure in Ohio Derby
- The Stronach Group Considers New England Venture
- Disco Rico and His Record-Setting Son Disco Partner
- The Player to Return on Churchill's Closing Night