The 2010 Melbourne Cup (Aus-I) winner Americain will commence his stud career at Calumet Farm, it was announced Nov. 22.
Americain, winner of the 2010 Emirates Melbourne Cup (Aus-I) and recently retired from racing, will stand the Northern Hemisphere breeding season in Kentucky in 2013.
A competitive field of 24 is set for the Emirates Melbourne Cup (Aus-I), including the event's two most recent winners, French stayers Americain and Dunaden, who will square off in Australia's greatest race Nov. 6.
Most Popular Stories
- Kentucky Derby Winner Monarchos Dies
- Curlin Colt Sells for $350,000 at F-T October
- Cinco Charlie to Spendthrift Farm
- Keen Ice Confirmed for Breeders' Cup Classic
- Arc Winner Found Could Run in BC Classic
- Tapit Colt Late Withdrawal from F-T Sale
- Malibu Moon Filly Sells for $300,000 at F-T
- Inside the Magical Kingdom of Ballydoyle
- California Chrome Powerful Late in BC Drill
- Harzand to Aga Khan’s Gilltown Stud