TVG will broadcast exclusive live coverage of the 39th annual Eclipse Awards from the Beverly Wilshire Hotel in Beverly Hills, California on January 18.
- By Tom LaMarra
Betfair, operator of the Great Britain-based betting exchange and owner of TVG, wants to work with the United States pari-mutuel industry to expand wagering opportunities, a top official with the company said Dec. 8.
TVG announced Oct. 1 it will expand and enhance its live programming and wagering options for the leading East Coast horseracing tracks, including Belmont Park and Keeneland.
Illinois gambling patrons in Illinois will now have the opportunity of placing their bets online, as Gov. Pat Quinn approved a bill Aug. 26 legalizing online wagering on horse racing.
Online wagering companies TVG and Betfair have pledged an additional $400,000 to the New York Racing Association to invite Rachel Alexandra and Zenyatta to participate in the Beldame Stakes (gr. I) at Belmont Park Oct. 3.
Del Mar Thoroughbred Club and the horseracing network TVG have announced an extension of their television agreement through the 2009 season.
Woodbine Entertainment Group has reached an agreement with TVG to broadcast both its thoroughbred and Standardbred live racing products from Woodbine and Mohawk racetracks throughout the United States. As part of the deal, TVG will also offer online wagering on all WEG races through its TVG.com Web site.
- By Ryan Conley
Betfair wants to establish a worldwide betting exchange that includes the United States, but will focus its U.S. efforts for now on strengthening its newest acquisition, the TVG horse racing network, an official with the London-based wagering conglomerate said recently.
Most Popular Stories
- Horse of the Year Charismatic Dies
- Classic Empire Out of Fountain of Youth
- Epicharis Earns Japan's Kentucky Derby Bid
- Zakaroff 48-1 Stunner in El Camino Real Derby
- Mo Town Set for 3-Year-Old Debut in Risen Star
- Gold Dream Punches Ticket to BC Classic
- Cuddle Alert Gives Sire Bedford Falls First Stakes Win
- Lucky Pulpit, Sire of 'Chrome', Dies of a Heart Attack
- Royal Delta Half Brother Scores on Gulfstream Turf
- Terra Promessa Goes Gate to Wire in Bayakoa