A colt from the first crop of Epsom Derby (Eng-I) winner Pour Moi topped the sales action on the third day of the Arqana October yearling sale in Deauville, France, selling to Sylvain Vidal for US$177,044 Oct 22.
Unbeaten Avenir Certain added a second classic win to her record when she captured the Prix de Diane Longines (Fr-I, French Oaks) June 15 at Chantilly.
Avenir Certain unwound a powerful late rally and was an impressive winner of the Poule d'Essai des Pouliches (Fr-I, French One Thousand Guineas) May 11 at Longchamp.
Arqana's Deauville October yearling sale ended its four-day run in France with a downturn of less than 1% in average price. The gross dropped 3.2% and the median declined 4.8%.
The average price declines 7% from a year ago during the auction's third session.
Most Popular Stories
- Subjective vs. Objective Lameness Identification Methods
- Final Call for Taylors of Seattle Slew Fame
- 'Chrome' Tops U.S. Nominees for World Cup
- Jockey Chapa Faces Felony Race-Fixing Charges
- Flashy Performances at OBS Day of Champions
- Steve Haskin's Derby Dozen for Jan. 27, 2015
- New Leadership Coming for Illinois Board
- Nerud Homebred Colt Wins at Big A
- First Foal Reported for Fort Larned
- Washington Owner/Breeder Paxton Dead at 76