A colt from the first crop of Epsom Derby (Eng-I) winner Pour Moi topped the sales action on the third day of the Arqana October yearling sale in Deauville, France, selling to Sylvain Vidal for US$177,044 Oct 22.
Unbeaten Avenir Certain added a second classic win to her record when she captured the Prix de Diane Longines (Fr-I, French Oaks) June 15 at Chantilly.
Avenir Certain unwound a powerful late rally and was an impressive winner of the Poule d'Essai des Pouliches (Fr-I, French One Thousand Guineas) May 11 at Longchamp.
Arqana's Deauville October yearling sale ended its four-day run in France with a downturn of less than 1% in average price. The gross dropped 3.2% and the median declined 4.8%.
The average price declines 7% from a year ago during the auction's third session.
Most Popular Stories
- Tepin Works; Trip to Royal Ascot Uncertain
- Leroidesanimaux Dies at 16
- Diva Express, I'm a Looker Dead Heat at CD
- California Chrome 'Stronger' in Los Al Drill
- Exaggerator Carries Delta Jackpot Flag
- Flipcup Resolute in Arlington Matron Win
- Kentucky Suspends Umarov for 10 Years
- Mike Venezia Memorial Award to Go to Pino
- Destin Work is 'Stamina Builder' for Belmont
- Rabada Strikes for Second Group I Win in SAf