A colt from the first crop of Epsom Derby (Eng-I) winner Pour Moi topped the sales action on the third day of the Arqana October yearling sale in Deauville, France, selling to Sylvain Vidal for US$177,044 Oct 22.
Unbeaten Avenir Certain added a second classic win to her record when she captured the Prix de Diane Longines (Fr-I, French Oaks) June 15 at Chantilly.
Avenir Certain unwound a powerful late rally and was an impressive winner of the Poule d'Essai des Pouliches (Fr-I, French One Thousand Guineas) May 11 at Longchamp.
Arqana's Deauville October yearling sale ended its four-day run in France with a downturn of less than 1% in average price. The gross dropped 3.2% and the median declined 4.8%.
The average price declines 7% from a year ago during the auction's third session.
Most Popular Stories
- MarketWatch: American Pharoah's Stud Value
- American Pharoah Gallops at Churchill
- Love Me Only's First Foal a Stakes Winner
- 16 Remain Engaged for Epsom Derby
- Frosted Continues Working Toward Belmont
- Golden Ray First Winner for American Lion
- Agency Selected to Market American Pharoah
- New York Dinner Benefits Grayson-Jockey Club
- Frosted Scheduled for Belmont Stakes Run
- Pletcher Horses Top Belmont Work Tab