With legendary mare Black Caviar's wins in the past three past editions of the Lightning Stakes (Aus-I), co-owner Neil Werrett remained a familiar figure in the winner's enclosure at Flemington.
A Redoute's Choice colt which is a full brother to group I winner Melito brought Aust$750,000 ($773,805 in U.S. funds) to top the third session of the Magic Millions Gold Coast yearling sale in Australia Jan. 13.
The William Inglis & Son Easter yearling sale got off to a promising start, generating an average price of Aust$248,906 ($258,218 in U.S. funds), which was 12.9% above the comparable figure for 2010's entire auction.
The Encosta de Lago mare sells for Aust$1 million ($846,750) on the second day of national broodmare auction.
The Australian-bred filly Melito became the first horse to qualify for the 2010 Breeders' Cup Turf Sprint (gr. IT) through the international Breeders' Cup Challenge series by winning the Darley TJ Smith Stakes April 10
The Magic Millions QTIS 600 yearling sale ended its two-day run March 22 in Australia with increases of 25% in gross and 20.3% in average price from a year ago.
A Fastnet Rock colt sold for Aust$370,000 (U.S. 307,000) Thursday to top the second and final session of the Magic Millions National Weanling Sale in Australia.
The racing phase of Clangalang's career is over after the reigning Australian Derby (Aust-I) winner was injured in training.
Most Popular Stories
- Pressure Off Sherman After 'Chrome's Dazzler
- Judy the Beauty Looks Splendid in Las Flores
- Darley Sire Lonhro Enters Australian Hall
- Expectations High for OBS 2-Year-Old Sale
- Golden Gate Fields Adds Alcatraz Stakes
- Ramseys' Major Marvel Takes Barbados Gold Cup
- Honor Code Gets Tightener for Seasonal Debut
- Santa Anita Handicap Handle Increases 23%
- Game On Dude Captures Record Third Big 'Cap
- Florida Derby Card to Receive Purse Incentive