Trainer Aidan O'Brien's brilliant juvenile, Kentucky-bred Caravaggio, the early favorite for next year's Two Thousand Guineas (Ire-I), is among the 10 entries for the €250,000 Keeneland Phoenix Stakes (Ire-I) at the Curragh.
Trading was robust at the second session of the Tattersalls July sale July 10 as both total revenue and median rose by double-digit percentage points while 95% of the horses offered were sold.
Lightening Pearl took command two furlongs from the wire and held off the late bid of Sunday Times to win the $255,000 Jaguar Cars Cheveley Park Stakes (Eng-I) at Newmarket Sept. 24.
A record-breaking 625,000 guineas Green Desert colt out of Park Hill Stakes (Eng-III) winner Alexander Three D (Ire) (Pennekamp) provided the icing on the cake in Newmarket Thursday night at the concluding installment of a fantastic renewal of Tattersalls' Breeze-Up Sale.
Most Popular Stories
- Dream It Is The Real Deal in Schuylerville
- Classic Empire to Resume Galloping
- Sanford Adds Another Chapter to Rich History Saturday
- CHRB Discusses Cutting Back Racing Dates
- Proctor's Ledge Makes Splash in Lake George
- Tiz a Slam Heads Prince of Wales Stakes
- Litfin: No Going Against Arrogate in San Diego
- Maryland Horse of the Year Ben's Cat Dies
- Saratoga Opening Day Sees Handle Increase
- Sircat Sally Faces Stiff Test in San Clemente