Trainer Aidan O'Brien's brilliant juvenile, Kentucky-bred Caravaggio, the early favorite for next year's Two Thousand Guineas (Ire-I), is among the 10 entries for the €250,000 Keeneland Phoenix Stakes (Ire-I) at the Curragh.
Trading was robust at the second session of the Tattersalls July sale July 10 as both total revenue and median rose by double-digit percentage points while 95% of the horses offered were sold.
Lightening Pearl took command two furlongs from the wire and held off the late bid of Sunday Times to win the $255,000 Jaguar Cars Cheveley Park Stakes (Eng-I) at Newmarket Sept. 24.
A record-breaking 625,000 guineas Green Desert colt out of Park Hill Stakes (Eng-III) winner Alexander Three D (Ire) (Pennekamp) provided the icing on the cake in Newmarket Thursday night at the concluding installment of a fantastic renewal of Tattersalls' Breeze-Up Sale.
Most Popular Stories
- A Look Back at Gallant Fox's Arlington Classic
- Lady Eli Brings Her Class to Gamely
- Midnight Storm Seeks Grade 1 Dirt Win in Gold Cup
- Leslie's Lady in Foal to American Pharoah
- CHRB Discusses Creating Single California Circuit
- Classic Empire to Coolmore on Retirement
- Asmussen Earns $50,000 Preakness Weekend Bonus
- The Greatest Performance No One Has Seen
- Enola Gray, Illuminant Look Strong in Monrovia Field
- Curlin Colt Sets Midlantic Record at $1.5 Million