Believe You Can, on a three-race winning winning streak for trainer Larry Jones, is likely the horse to beat in the $150,000 Pocahontas Stakes (gr. II) for 2-year-old fillies on opening day of the Churchill Downs fall meet.
Brereton C. Jones' Believe You Can takes Tempted Stakes by 2 1/2 lengths.
With a different home, a new spot on the calendar, and as preps for an inaugural Breeders' Cup race, the $150,000 Nashua (gr. II) and $100,000 Tempted (gr. III) stakes have taken on a whole different look.
Judy the Beauty will face eight in the seven-furlong Spinaway (gr. I), which is the headliner on Saratoga's 12-race Sunday program. The daughter of Ghostzapper, undefeated in three starts, will make her first start on dirt.
Trainer Todd Pletcher said Aug. 29 that Travers (gr. I) winner Stay Thirsty would most likely head to the Jockey Club Gold Cup (gr. I) and Uncle Mo's options include the Kelso (gr. II) and Pennsylvania Derby (gr. II).
This week is devoted to Saratoga and Del Mar. View Slideshow
Favored Georgie's Angel Easily Takes Schuylerville on Saratoga's opening day.
The $100,000 Schuylerville (gr. III) for 2-year-old fillies is the feature on opening day of the 40-day Saratoga meet, but the ungraded James Marvin Stakes for older sprinters is the race that has everyone taking notice.
Most Popular Stories
- California Chrome Draws Rail in PA Derby
- Game On Dude, Won Three Big 'Caps, Retired
- Top 3-Year-Old Fillies to Battle in Cotillion
- Ricardo Beats Baze in Champions Challenge
- Brockton Fair Invites Suffolk Downs Horsemen
- Top Stallion Street Cry Dead at Age 16
- Keeneland September continues steady progress
- Kandaly, 1994 Louisiana Derby Winner, Dies
- MGC Offers Help for Displaced Suffolk Workers
- 2013 Breeding Activity Statistics Released