A constitutional amendment that would allow Georgia voters to decide on legalizing horse racing and pari-mutuel wagering in their cities was assigned to a House Regulated Industries Committee during the week of Feb. 7.
Acting GTOBA president Robert Meier has been asked by Georgia House Speaker David Ralston to put together an advisory panel to complete an economic impact study on the feasibility and benefits of horseracing in the state.
Most Popular Stories
- Gun Runner Powers to Easy Stephen Foster Win
- Paco Lopez Sent to Hospital After Paddock Accident
- McCraken Back to His Old Self in Matt Winn
- Heavy Rain Forces Belmont Park Cancellation
- Forever Unbridled Makes Triumphant Return
- Sircat Sally Remains Undefeated With Honeymoon Win
- Kasaqui Ends Six-Race Skid With Decisive Wise Dan Score
- Faypien Edges Mopotism in Summertime Oaks
- Monmouth Park Bans Shipping to Suffolk Downs
- Unique Bella Nears Return to Training