A Georgia House of Representatives committee has tabled legislation to authorize pari-mutuel horse racing, meaning there won't be a statewide referendum this year.
The Georgia House of Representatives has created the House Study Committee on the Horse Racing Industry, a boost to those seeking to win approval for pari-mutuel racing in the state.
- By Esther Marr
The state of Georgia may be in for some changes in the coming months as horse enthusiasts try to convince lawmakers that building a racetrack is vital to both the struggling breeding industry and the economy as a whole.
Most Popular Stories
- Encouraging Starts to Saratoga, Del Mar Meets
- Commanding Curve Entered in Curlin Stakes
- Better Lucky Shines; My Miss Aurelia Third
- Filly Untapable Works Toward Haskell
- Will Take Charge Works Toward Whitney
- Grade I Winner Heir Kitty Tops Del Mar Sale
- Kiss to Remember Steps Up in Indiana Grand
- Matz Says He Nearly Retired Somali Lemonade
- Milestone Win 1,000 for Jockey Magrell
- Stopchargingmaria Impressive in CCA Oaks