A Georgia House of Representatives committee has tabled legislation to authorize pari-mutuel horse racing, meaning there won't be a statewide referendum this year.
The Georgia House of Representatives has created the House Study Committee on the Horse Racing Industry, a boost to those seeking to win approval for pari-mutuel racing in the state.
- By Esther Marr
The state of Georgia may be in for some changes in the coming months as horse enthusiasts try to convince lawmakers that building a racetrack is vital to both the struggling breeding industry and the economy as a whole.
Most Popular Stories
- Shakin It Up Retired, To Stand at Spendthrift
- California Chrome Returning Early From Break
- Wise Dan Turns in First Breeze Since Surgery
- The Pizza Man Key Ingredient To Arlington
- Jockey Stevens to Undergo Knee Surgery
- Multiple Group I Winner The Fugue Retired
- The Influence of His Majesty
- Belmont to Offer Low-Roller Player Tourney
- French Derby Duo Clash Again at Longchamp
- Two Fillies Among 37 Ohio Derby Nominees