A Georgia House of Representatives committee has tabled legislation to authorize pari-mutuel horse racing, meaning there won't be a statewide referendum this year.
The Georgia House of Representatives has created the House Study Committee on the Horse Racing Industry, a boost to those seeking to win approval for pari-mutuel racing in the state.
- By Esther Marr
The state of Georgia may be in for some changes in the coming months as horse enthusiasts try to convince lawmakers that building a racetrack is vital to both the struggling breeding industry and the economy as a whole.
Most Popular Stories
- Bayern Cruises to Pennsylvania Derby Win
- Untapable Unstoppable in Grade I Cotillion
- Miss Behaviour Romps in Charles Town Oaks
- Game On Dude, Won Three Big 'Caps, Retired
- California Chrome Draws Rail in PA Derby
- Suffolk Open to Any Viable Plans for Racing
- Artemis Agrotera Gets Up to Win Gallant Bloom
- Top Filly Princess of Sylmar Retired
- Featured Horse Profile: Artemis Agrotera
- Thank You Marylou Coasts Clear in Dogwood